Need cheering up

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Need cheering up

Postby sparkly_star » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:11 am

I feel so low, unattractive and useless... I don't know how to not be reliant on anybody... and my b/f said he's uncertain about us and I just don't know what to do. and I've been crying all night and have a massive headache :( :( :(
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
sparkly_star
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby stephy82 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:25 am

hi, im sorry you're feeling so down. I dont really have any advice cos im in kind of the same boat at the moment, although my bf actually ended things last week. I hate the thought of needing someone as much as i need him just now, and relying on someone so much and i feel so low and worthless and like im never gonna get back on my feet again....

The advice ive been given though is to learn to be happy as your own person and learn to love yourself and not make that dependent on being with another person. i know its hard, believe me, but i do understand that it makes sense.

I really hope things work out with your bf, but if the worst happens then we're all here to support you and as someone who is going through it all at the moment, i can say that yes it hurts, but it is getting easier, slowly but surely.

Let us know how things turn out and good luck!
stephy82
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Pwif » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:02 pm

Hey Sparkly_Star. I think you've done exceptionally well in the past few months. I've seen your photo and you're very pretty. You're also going out more (I know that this isn't easy for you, but you're doing it). These may seem like small steps, but they're all pointing in the right direction. Well done. Stephy82 is right in saying that we have to learn to be happy in ourselves, and that we can't rely on others for our happiness. I'm pretty sure that you're strong (maybe stronger than you think??) Think about all the positive and good things you have done recently, and be proud of yourself. Hun, keep your pecker up. You'll get through this.
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Moose » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:57 pm

Hi Sparkly,
I'd be interested to know where you're up to with regard to medication, help from the doctor, counselling etc... I know you did see a counsellor at one point - did you get on with that well? Have you had any professional help with your fear of going out?

You seem to have been pretty consistently down for a while now, and I remember posts from you a while ago that said something along the lines of if you had someone to love and love you back you'd be happier, but that doesn't seem to have happened. Does your boyfriend know your full situation? How often do you get to see him? Is he understanding about you not wanting to go out much? How are your parents being?

I just feel that it's time you received some real help. You've got a brain and a lot of potential, but you need some real support from people who are close to you before you can realise that.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby brfc » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:35 am

hey sparkly sorry too hear ur feeling down hun. a few months ago reading that thing on here about that lady who only had a short time too live cause of cancer changed my outlook on life so much. id just split up with my ex but reading that made me think how lucky i am too be here in full health and too enjoy everything that life has too offer. i now go around focusing on the good things in life and try not too worry about the bad. u have too look too yourself too make u happy. ive done that dont need my ex too make me happy or any other tom dick or harry lol. all i need is myself. just keep focusing on the good things in ur life sparkly and you,ll get there. hope things work out 4 u take care sparkly. always here if u need me hun. pm anytime gareth brfc xx
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Liquidius » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:41 pm

Completely agree with brfc.

You're lovely. Not unattractive and useless. :)
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby helicopterpilot » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:42 am

Sparkly_star,

After looking on your profile and looking back on some of the posts you've made, it soon becomes clear what an extraordinary person you are.
Ever since i first signed up on here sometime last year, it soon became apparent to me what a great person you are. And whenever you feel sad or lonely i want you to remember that.

8)
helicopterpilot
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Cheer me up!