Help me cheer up a friend

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Help me cheer up a friend

Postby Kacy_May » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:21 pm

Hi to all.

this is more to cheer up a friend more than myself, but she is in hospital and i need some ideas how to cheer her up as she has a major operation to go through on monday and is feeling very down, despite the brave face.
Any ideas are grately appreciated i cant think of much apart from chocolate and shes feeling very vsick so thats not such a great idea. thanks.
Kacy
xxx
Kacy_May
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby brfc » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:24 am

how about a big bunch of flowers or a nice cuddly toy. think a nice cuddly toy be a great thing as ur friend will have a thing too reminder him/her of u whilst there in hospital. :D
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bexical » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:53 pm

As well as what he said why dont you pick up a load of magazines take them into her and sit with her reading them and tlaking about all the gossip.
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby peecee » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:11 pm

My brother had brain surgery a few years ago, and was in for four weeks. Before he went in, we wrapped up one small, daft present for him to take with him and open every day to make him laugh. We also sent him a card a day, so he always had some reminder that we were there (poor boy! :D ) When he came out, he brought all his little presents with him, because he was so touched that we were thinking of him even on the days we couldn't be there.

Cuddly toys are great; a CD she really wants; tiny cute boxes of chocolate, pink fluffy pens, smellies to take away the smell of the hospital, daft fridge magnets, funny cards - anything to bring a smile to her face, without bankrupting you. :P

How long do they think she'll be in?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kacy_May » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:58 pm

They aren't to sure, it depends on how the surgery goes, could be a few extra days to weeks, its brain surgery so i coul be anything.

i no she will be workin extra hard to fight and wont mind me saying so coz she is lovely!!!

i love her to pieces an cant bear the thought of losing her, i really cant. you read about so many things that could go wroing, o dear sounds like i need the cheerin up now!! no il be strong, il try an let u no how things go but if you dont hear from me for a while, take it things havn't gone acording to plan.
all my love to all members and Paige
Kacy
xxxxx
Kacy_May
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sparkly_star » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:30 am

Hi Kacy,

Just wanted to say you sound like a great friend and Paige is lucky to have you.

I really hope everything goes well for her.
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
sparkly_star
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Cheer me up!