why are so many of us feeling so down?

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby Mr.L » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:57 pm

Its not just one thing but one thing people need to do is not to bath in their problem rather shower them

Also this is a problem site so could be why quite a few peolple are sad, just a guess
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby brfc » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:58 am

ive had a few troubles recently but i just focus on the good things in my life i.e a great g/f and a bouncing baby on the way. they help me get through the bad bits in my life. :D
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Pwif » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:09 am

Totally agree, brfc. I try and focus on the good things in my life rather than things that aren't going well. I know that is sometimes easier said than done, but I do try and live by it.

Fairy of darkness. You're right that we seem to be obsessed with our material possessions and having the latest in technology. I love the story about the African children. I honestly believe that we're brainwashed into thinking that we need loads and loads of possessions, and they have to be the latest versions. However, one of the happiest times in my life was when I had few possessions (most of them were boxed up in the garage for a few months before moving house). I realised then that I didn't miss any of the stuff that was in boxes and ended up binning loads of it when we got to the new house!

I've found that a very simple way to cheer me up when I'm down is to go for a walk in the countryside near us. It's very peaceful and quiet, and I normally come back chilled out and happier.
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby So_Naive » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:05 am

I think the main reasons why so many people feel so down is because we are finding this world os much harder to live in or because we dont get enough support from our parents. I blame my parents for me being like this because they should have brought me up properly instead of putting me down when i was younger and scaring me, and now the result is that I'm very insecure, shy and scared of everything. And I dont know how to change.

You know, i like what i typed above. I think I'm going to copy and paste it.
So_Naive
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby yessica » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:41 pm

This may sound silly but I wonder if it has anything to do with the weather. I know I was feeling really great when it started getting warmer again and was turning into summer and was thinking about the great long sunny months ahead. Then it started rainging and hasn't stopped for weeks. It could be linked to that SAD thing? I just hope the weather get's better soon! Then we'll see if my theory is right..
:D Smile and the world smiles with you. Laugh and they all think you're on drugs :lol:
xoxoxox
yessica
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby brfc » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:02 pm

very true yessica i know im far happier in the sun shine but guess always try to be happy anyway. lifes to short to waste being unhappy. whatever life throws at me i just get on with it with a smile on my face. :D
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Den » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:04 pm

Hello my dear

You feel down because you have negative thoughts all the time. Whatever you think you feel. If you have negative thoughts these thoughts are transmitted as an negative energy and you only attract that negative energy back. Just try for one day to think good thoughts. Think about the things that make you happy and think about them constantly whatever situation you are in. Think about how these positive thoughts will make you feel and feel it. Think about what you want from life not about things that you don't want. Try it, start now and I would be interested to see what happens.
xx
Den
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Previous

Return to Cheer me up!