Just failed...

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Just failed...

Postby flirt » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:54 pm

..my driving test.

Okok i know it was fair and im not upset that I failed,

I failed on observation for not checking blind spots on a turn in the road and when moving off, but checking for blind spots is hard when your instructer has never told you where they are!

Also he told me I might aswell go home right before my test! So I messed up because I already thought I was going to fail before I went in!

Sorry I just needed a rant, but surely driving instructers arent all such idiots?

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
flirt
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bexical » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:56 pm

Well telling you to go homw bwfore you even started WAS NOT nice, puts you in a negative mood before you start. Im sure you will do it next time, not everyone passes first time. It just shows your human and humans make mistakes we are not computers or robots!
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby flirt » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:08 pm

Im not upset about not passing or anything! Its not important and I didnt expect too, I know I could do it if I had another go and believed I could pass (now I know where blind spots are!).

Im just reeling off my driving instructor, hes always been rubbish but mum said there was no point changing, but I think he excells even himself this time!
flirt
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Squeak » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:20 pm

Hi Flirt,

Sorry you didn't pass - I failed three times and only got upset on the third time, so know how you feel!

I'd change your instructor. It doesn't sound like he fills his pupils with confidence :o You pay a lot of money for driving lessons, you might as well give it to someone who gives a damn!

Good luck next time!
Squeak x

Squeak
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby phoebe » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:51 am

Hi Flirt, I can sympathise. When I failed the test examiner said 'I'm pleased to tell you you've failed'. What was that all about? Why be so horrible when your doing a job like that, they must realise how nerve wracking it is. Its unproffesional to tell someone to go home before they took the test. Change test examiners and instructors if necessary. They all cost a lot of money after all! Good luck
'The best shield is to accept the pain - Then what can really destroy me?'
phoebe
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby morris mouse » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:13 pm

Squeak wrote: I'd change your instructor. It doesn't sound like he fills his pupils with confidence :o You pay a lot of money for driving lessons, you might as well give it to someone who gives a damn!

"Flirt"

I was very sorry to hear that you'd failed your driving test. :(
Yet,this was NOT your fault !!

As "Squeak" says,I'd change your instructor

All the best with the future :) :)
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: Just failed...

Postby retrochav » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:58 pm

no, they arent all idiots, it was just bad luck that you happened to have one. If you think about it, you failed on a minor thing so next time will be easier as you can be more aware of such things.

When i had my driving test, i reversed into a hedge, my 3 point turn was a 14 point turn and when the car stalled i just got out, said "oh well its broken, and walked away" Needless to say i never did pass my test!!!
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby flirt » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:38 am

Lol, thankyou everyone!

I had my first lesson with my new instructor yesterday and he rocks!!! Sooooo much better!

Cant get a test until september now though! thats how bad waiting lists are arouns here :(
flirt
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby morris mouse » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:56 pm

Well Done, "Flirt"

So pleased for you,that the new instructor is a lot better !! :D

All the best for September :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Squeak » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:07 pm

Fingers crossed for then Flirt - good on ya! After failing for the third time I never got round to trying again, so at least you're making an effort! Pleased your new instructor is better!!
Squeak x

Squeak
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Laurajane » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:17 pm

Definitely change your instructor quickly- you can pick up easily where you are with any driving instructor- boot him out
*What do sheep count when they can't sleep?!*
*Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.*
*I've discovered that I often visit the state of confusion, and I know my way around pretty well.*
Laurajane
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby kissy-lips » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:32 am

My 1st driving instructor was quite moody & impatient.
He used to get really shirty when I wouldn't speed up and didnt change into the correct gear etc and at one point he said ' you might as well learn in an automatic because your never going to pass in a manual'
So I ditched him and got a lovely lady. She restored my faith in my ability and told me I could drive and a few moths after I passed first time with 5 minors.

I took great delight in passing him the other day with my 'p plates' on.

So you did right dumping him and getting another one. Personally I'd tell him or his company what he said or let him know how you feel. Just because your paying them doesnt mean they can treat you like poo.

And good luck on your next test
I'm A Laydee - I Like To 'Do' Laydees
kissy-lips
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Ametyl » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:07 pm

Yeah, jeez, what was the name of his driving school? It's like one of those Rogue Trader things on that programme, what a b******. My first instructor was a right cow, so I got a new one after7 months. I practically had to start over again, as I'm not a very confident person and that horrible cow didnt help. A lot of money went down the drain:( My test is this Monday though :S I screwed up my bay parking and 3 point turn in my lessons this week so I'm hoping so so so so so so hard I dont fail!!!

Good luck with your new instructor, two fingers to the previous @rsehole I say.

:P
Ametyl
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Cheer me up!