PCOS

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

PCOS

Postby Lula_Belle04 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:37 pm

Hi,

I have been told recently that i have got PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) I just wondered if there was anyone else who has the same thing or has any information on it.

I have been told that i may not be able to have children which obviously i am gutted about as i am only 20.

Can anyone give any advice?

Thanks

x
I only drink to make people more interesting!
Lula_Belle04
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby LME79 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:33 pm

Hi hon,

I tihnk each case differs...Jane Danson (Leanne Battersby from Corrie) has it but she's a mum so it's not all bad news :)

I don't know much about the condition but I found this link for you - http://www.verity-pcos.org.uk/ - hopefully it'll be able to give you more of an idea.

Also, don't rule out the idea of visiting your G.P - if you are anxious i'm sure they'll be more than happy to sit down and discuss things with you.

Good luck!

xxx
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby chat noir » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:13 pm

my mum has it and my sister and I were born fine so don't worry too much :)
chat noir
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bexical » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:06 pm

Victoria Beckham as it and shes had 3, it can be controlled by diet and not being too skinny or too over weight, theres lots on the internet about it that i found as they thought i had it but tests revealed not.
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby PoisonedWounds » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:00 pm

Jamie Oliver's wife also has it and I think they have 1 or 2 children :)
PoisonedWounds
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby silver tree » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:16 pm

I think that having PCOS means that you have to be a bit more careful with yourself and your fertility but that you certainly can have cildren - as pointed out by all the other posters.
Lowri Turner has it as well.
My derm sent me to be tested for PCOS as I have adult acne and although I don't have it both were happy to answer my questions about it ands my ovaries in general. So as LME said this could be a good starting point for you - go back to your doctor ad ask them to explain it to you properly.
silver tree
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby maninneed » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:20 pm

my partener was diagnosed as having PCOS about 3 years ago and we thought that it was the end of trhe world, because she had been told that there was virtually no chance of having children.

as with a lot of things this didnt turn out to be true.

now on our second child so would definatley say never say never and doctors like to err on the side of caution but i hope it all works out for you
dum spiro spero, spero melior
maninneed
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Teenspirit » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:46 pm

I have PCOS.

It means that you have a hormonal imbalance so my hormones are much more intense.
The dr didt say i could never have kids just said it would be harder cause some woman dont have a normal flow every month.
And sometimes you may not realise an egg.....

Which can cause some probs......

There is not really a cure I get really hairy n spotty but you can go on the pill to help with this.

Also eating healthy n excercising is the best sort of treatment......

I know a few people with this an they have gone on to have kids.....

I mean look at Emma Bunton she had endromitriosis a consition that says ull never get have kids but she is now pregnant after 4-5yrs.....

Better late than never hey..........

I see my gyno and have had loads of tests just to make sure everything is ok n it is just means u have to work harder to become pregnat.....

x
Teenspirit
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Cheer me up!