Summer Job

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Summer Job

Postby aimee47 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:54 pm

Can you get a summer job before your 16?
My birthday isn’t until beginning of August, but I’m finishing school in June and I’ve got my National Insurance Number.
I tried to apply in Tesco but they said they wouldn’t take me until I’m 16. Is this the same everywhere or just in Tesco?
xxx
aimee47
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby all_apologies » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:59 pm

Most big chain retailers won't take you on until 16. It might be an idea to ask at independent stores or look for work at local cafes. Lots of my friends had jobs at ice cream cafes along the beach promenade before turning 16.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aimee47 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:02 pm

Ok thanks.

I hate having a brithday in August.
xxx
aimee47
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby yessica » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:18 pm

I know how u feel! My birthday is in late June so I'm the same. It feels like everyone else is working and you can't get a job. But yeh I agree with all_apologies independent places are probably the best. I tried to get a job in Tesco and they wouldn't take me til I was 18 'cause they only had jobs in the alcy section. Try cafes and restaurants - you can get tips there too! Or even a pub! Around me there's lots of villages with pubs so alot of my friends work there.
:D Smile and the world smiles with you. Laugh and they all think you're on drugs :lol:
xoxoxox
yessica
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Weasley » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:10 am

Sorry it's late but when I was 15 I worked in a pub, waitressing and washing up! To be honest, most pubs with eating areas look for washer upers! You could just walk in and ask - the worse they can do is say no! I also worked on a farm during one summer holidays around 8 years ago sorting eggs and potatoes! A bit strange but I quite enjoyed it! The best bet is pubs though and waitressing jobs.
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Under 16s