kinda confused

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

kinda confused

Postby SuperKawaii » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:58 pm

hi everyone!
im really glad to have found a site like this, ive been using the girland problem pages for a good while now but have never found the advice any use (or else couldnt find it due to the flashing coloured layouts)

my problem is that, while i have a boyfriend who ive been going out with for a year and whom i love very much, i have another guy friend who i think i may have a crush on. i dont want to break up with my boyfriend nor do i desire to be the other guys girlfriend, but everytime i meet with my friend (lets call him bob) i cant stop myself being flirty with him and hugging him (hopefully not being overly flirtatious though.) i think i would be satisfied just to kiss him and then be over with it, but the worst thing is that bob is what i would call a bit of a man whore and i wouldnt want to be known as being one of "his girls." i also do not want to cheat on my boyfriend.

to summarise that i just want to get this guy out of my system so i can be happy and normal around him again, and stop my boyfriend getting jealous, which he is getting a lot nowadays, which is entirely my fault for being so friendly to bob.

sorry its so long, please reply, i just need some kind of hint or help.

thanks x
SuperKawaii
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby jenny39579 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:53 am

Hello, I've just been reading your problem and it struck a chord with me.. The same thing happened to me a few years back. I'd been with my fella for quite some time and then met another fella at work. At first we were just friends. He had even met my fella once as we all went for a drink. But I couldn't help but flirt with him. He flirted back and i was having so much fun. Even felt kinda special. There just seemed to be a spark. A girl friend also told me that this lad liked me back. Anyway, I sat down one day and realised it was my boyfriend I loved and i felt so stupid that I'd been considering finishing with him for this lad at work. Like the other man in your life, the fella from work was a man whore. He had about 5 girlfriends on the go at the same time. I think that's why I was attracted to him as I saw it as a challenge to get him away from the other girls to try and prove to myself I was more special than them. I guess low self esteem played a part in it. 3 years on and I'm still with my bf. He means the world to me and I just wanna say to you that if you love your bf, don't wreck it for the sake of a man whore... its just not worth it.

I hope this helps for you.

Good luck

Jen xxx
jenny39579
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby SuperKawaii » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:24 pm

wow thank you so much, im really glad someone knows what im talking about

xoxo
:D :D :D
SuperKawaii
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby yessica » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:33 pm

The same thing happened to me too! I posted a problem about it a while ago. I felt like I hada crush on this "man whore" who was also my bf's friend (to make it worse). I got over if though. Now he's a really close mate. And that's all we are. I have no interest in anything else. I never told my bf though. I think that's the worst thing you can do. It's probably just a phase. I also found that all my friends went through a similar thing when they'd been going out with their bfs for about 8 months to just over a year. They said although they adored their bfs, they just wanted to "have fun with someone else" (each of them having someone in mind). I think it's completely normal. They all (including me) had no intention of cheating, just fancied trying it. It may also be a turn on because you know you shouldn't. I wouldn't worry too much though. I'm sure you'll pass this phase.
:D Smile and the world smiles with you. Laugh and they all think you're on drugs :lol:
xoxoxox
yessica
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Under 16s