Job :D

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Job :D

Postby netballluva » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:43 pm

I really need a job because my friends keep asking me out to places but I never have enough money to go and although my mum and dad dont mind giving it to me.. I feel bad always taking their money. I could do a paper round but I have looked and noone is needed in my area. Im only 14 so Im only able to do 4 hours on a weekend. What sort of places should I ask at?

xx
netballluva
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby PurePurple » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:44 pm

You could try a saturday job in a supermarket, or care home or something like that.. I'm 15 and I still do a paper round which I only earn £8 a week (£11 if I do weekends) Try researching jobs that people your age are allowed to do - And see what needs to be done to get the job you want :D

xx
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby all_apologies » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:47 pm

Most supermarkets won't take you on until you're 16. You're better asking in small cafes and restaurants if they'e got anything going, but pay might not be that great as you're too young to be covered by the minimum wage.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lolly - Pop » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:11 pm

I used to work in a cafe as a pot washer when I was 14, the pay wasn't great cause as it has been said you don't come under minimum wage. I don't know if you have a local market but loads of school kids in my town help out there, setting up before school and then packing it down afterwards. They get about £10 a week and it works about 3hrs a week
Lolly - Pop
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby netballluva » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:48 pm

Thanks everyone :D Im going out tommorow to ask around some cafes and things like that.. wish me luck!

xx
netballluva
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby brfc » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:55 pm

good luck netball hope things work out for you :)
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Moose » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:29 am

Also, phone up your local newspaper office and ask to be put on the reserves list for a paper round. Having worked in a newspaper office looking after the home delivery rounds, I can tell you that summer is the worst time ever - loads of news deliverers would just go on holiday giving about a minute's notice and we were always grateful for our reserves! They will be pleased to hear from you, I'm sure, even if they're not advertising.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby netballluva » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:48 am

Ive been EVERYWHERE! Cafes, coffee shops, pet shops, restaurants.. so on and so on but nowhere has anything!! :x

xx
netballluva
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Lolly - Pop » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:32 pm

Make sure you leave your contact details with them, if something comes up they may contact you straight away
Lolly - Pop
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LaughinLoud » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:08 am

hey i'm not doin too bad, just got a job for 108 a week so i'm chuffed with that! n it's only at tesco, i work 18 altogether though, but ya gotta start small

do ya have a market nearby? i live in bury which has a massive market so it was easy to get a job there, my mate got one that paid her £30 for about 4 hours!

try anywhere, you can even try shops, just make a CV and put the hours ya can work on it

good luck!!

xxxx
LaughinLoud
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:24 pm

Why don't you tell you parents it bothers you to keep asking for money and ask if you can have a set allowance (insteadof rndom pocket money)
This way you learn to budget and they know you never need ask
Tell them you are also looking for a job so you don't feel the need to sponge and you nat to show them you'd like tompay your own way
I think if you approach it like this your parents will be proud of you fro being mature
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Moose » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:01 pm

LaughinLoud wrote: just make a CV and put the hours ya can work on it

Information like hours you're available should be left off a CV and kept for your covering letter, which would need to go with your CV.

Are you still looking for a job, Netballuva?
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby netballluva » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:23 pm

Yeah i am actually.

I was 15 in november so Im abit older now I dont know if that makes any difference though! I have left my details with a few hairdressers and things like that but no one has contacted me.

x
netballluva
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby teardrop » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:45 pm

HI, HAVE YOU GOT NICE NEIGHBOURS WHO COULD DO WITH A FEW JOBS DONE. WHEN CHATTING TALK TO THEM AND SAY YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A FEW JOBS WHERE YOU CAN EARN A BIT OF MONEY SO AS NOT TO KEEP RELYING ON YOUR PARENTS. SAY YOU WILL DO ANYTHING LIKE GARDENING,WASHING PAINTWORK DOWN ,OR RUNNING ERRANDS. YOU WILL BE SURPRISED HOW MANY ADULTS WILL LOOK UP TO YOU THAT YOU WANT TO EARN A FEW POUNDS. GOOD LUCK HUNEY :wink:
teardrop
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Under 16s