Basket Case

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Basket Case

Postby Xx_I_Luv_U_xX » Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:42 pm

Im 15 and my best mates parents are splittin up due 2 her mam havin an affair so she is depressed and cutting her wrists with a pen knife. my boyfriend's mam is very ill after treatment for breast cancer. he is so distraught but he is so secretive he wont tell me any more or talk about it.
i have very bad problems with claustrophobia(fear of small, enclosed spaces) wich effects me outside so i cant be with people in crwded places. i suffer huge panic attacks and every day is a constant struggle. i hav been 2 a councillor and am now on pills to calm my nerves. truble is i feel like they know ther problems are worse than mine and they dont care bout me. ther puttin ther problems on me cos im gud at councilling but its making me worse. i feel like ppl think im makin my probs up 2 try and get more attention than them!!!
Xx_I_Luv_U_xX
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby mariamaria » Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:45 pm

I really feel for you. All you need to do is tell them calmly not to upload so many of their problems on you because you need somebody to talk to aswell. Explain that you're a human being aswell. Tell them that yes, you still want to help them but that you're only human too and that you need help aswell. I hope this helped. :)
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby cutie_in_black » Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:06 pm

talk to them! tell them that you like helpin them out but that you need help sometimes too! and they have to listen to your probs too! an its good to talk even if they cant help you, its good to disscuss it with the people u trust! :)
cutie_in_black
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Under 16s