she cut her wrists, wot do i do????

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

she cut her wrists, wot do i do????

Postby sarahabi » Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:10 pm

The other week my friend cut her wrists, i think she did it for attention but she wants me and my other friends to act normal round her but we can't its really difficult and awkward. Should we tell sum1 incase she starts doin it again???? do we talk 2 her about it????? HELP PLS!!!!! shes cumin round on friday and i need 2 no wot 2 say!!!

xxxxxx
sarahabi
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby mariamaria » Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:20 am

I think I can help you. I used to cut my wrists and yes I did it for attention. Talk to her about it. Find out WHY she's cutting her wrists. Tell her that you acknowledge the fact that she cuts her wrists, but you can't act normal around her. Cutting is a form of attention-seeking depression, although I've forgotten the medical term for it. I have that kind of depression, however, I have finished cutting my wrists. Just be there for her and talk to her about it. Don't act normal around her until all of your questions have been answered. And no, I suggest that you don't tell anyone. She told you and the rest of your friends because she trusts you. If she finds out that you went behind her back and told other people, she'll get really upset at you and won't tell you the reason WHY she does what she does. Good luck xxx
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby woopdecker » Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:04 am

Hiya, i went throught the same thing. i cut my wrists, but i dont think i did it for attention, i dont know why i did it. but do talk to her, i told my friend and she went to a teacher at school, twice, both behind my back. i was really upset and have never felt to alone in my life, she's my best mate and have only just started talking to her again, it was a miserable time, you need to help her as much as you can to get through it and find out what is wrong so you can resolve it. its impossilbe not to act differently when you find out somehting like that, until you find out what is wrong with her.
some people never listen. Others never try, with eyes and ears shut tight.. the world just passes them by.
woopdecker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

not attention seeking

Postby pjjane » Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:19 pm

Definatley talk to your friend about this, I have been cutting myself all over for a year and this isn't attention seeking, at least not in my case. Self injury is a coping mechanism, and maybe that is what she is doing, trying to cope.

You can't MAKE her stop, I know thats hard to understand but she has to want to stop. Talk to her, let her know your there to listen if she ever wats to tell you anything and let her know you won't judge her.
pjjane
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby MelodyLinn » Sat Aug 23, 2003 2:06 pm

Sorry this post is a little late... talk to her and see why she did it...maybe it was for attention or maybe she needed to tell someone she did it but wants you to act normal. This is because everything between you and her are going great and she wants to keep it like that because other things are really hurting her and so she is relieving her stress, anger and fustration out on herself.

keep her spirits up and keep having great days out and hopefully she will stop. However if she continues she may feel she has to keep doing it, like addictions. Just make sure she doesn't want to commit suicide. If ever she did, talk to her again, ask her to tell an adult or somebody else so she can get help...

I hope I have helped,

Love,
MelodyLinn :roll:
Last edited by MelodyLinn on Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
MelodyLinn
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby look_for_the_sunshine » Sat Aug 23, 2003 2:15 pm

i think you need to help her get help. . . . .
'When it seems like things are gettin 2 much, look 2 the sky,and with every star you see there is hope n if there aint no stars then ur screwed!lol,soz not very hopefull!!!!!'

'If you have faith you have everything'
look_for_the_sunshine
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Under 16s