I'm being stalked on the way back from school

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I'm being stalked on the way back from school

Postby msnaddict » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Ok, i was on the way home from school a couple of days ago and a car beeped at me then drove away but then the same car drove past me again,and again, and again and it happened today again.my 'dad' was abusive and in the end on a contact visit he really hurt my sister and i called the police who took him away and i haven't seen him since i'm scared it could be him i don't have the number plate.
what do i do?

i'm 13 btw thanks in advance
msnaddict
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: I'm being stalked on the way back from school

Postby snail » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:13 pm

It may not be your dad, it's probably just some thoughtless person who thinks it's funny to beep at schoolgirls. Can you talk to your parent/carer or a teacher about it?
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:24 pm

If it keeps happening get the registration plate and the make of the car if you can and tell a teacher at school.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Aurelie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi msnaddict,

This situation sounds like it scared you, understandably.

As snail has already said, it is quite possible that the car you have seen is driven by someone who finds it funny to beep at young girls on the way home from school - possibly because they have nothing better to do. Although if this is the case, it is unfortunate that it is happening to you when you have experienced what you have done.

It is understandable that you worry it may be your 'dad'.

The next time you walk back from school, would it be possible to walk with other people? This way you could try and get the registration number and see who is inside the car.

I would suggest that you confide in a teacher. Even if this car is harmless, it is better that you tell them so they are aware. They may want to give you lifts home for a few days, so if it is harmless 'beepers' they will get bored and stop trying to drive past you. All in all, I think your teachers would rather you told them even if it is absolutely nothing. They will understand your concerns, especially if they are aware of your past situation.

Another thing you could do would be to go to the police station and check to see your 'dads' status - it might be he is no where near where you are, or is in an institution which would help to put your mind at rest.

This is most likely nothing to worry about. The car didn't stop or say anything to you so it doesn't seem to be personal to you in any way. But it has scared you and it would be wise to be on the safe side to put your mind at rest at least. It would be difficult if you felt you were watching over your shoulder constantly.

All the best,
Aurelie.
Aurelie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Under 16s