16 and pregnant! -part 2

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

16 and pregnant! -part 2

Postby Twisted_Angel_86 » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:35 pm

Well, I've told Nathan and my grandparents!

Nathan was shocked at first because of the fact that we took precautions but I guess it really is one of those things. Anyways, after talking for ages, we agreed to see a doctor before making any rash decisions which we did a couple of days ago. And since then, we have decided to keep the baby. The reason being, yesterday, I started bleeding and scared, we rushed to the hospital and we had a scan to see if he/she was still alive. And seeing our child on the screen was unbelievable, like we realised this tiny being is a part of us now, and we can just get rid of it. As it turned out, I had a really light period which my auntie said can happen during the start of a pregnancy as it did hers. Besides, when I thought that I nearly lost my baby, I felt my world nearly end. Nathan and I are actually really excited about becoming parents now!

I told my grandparents yeasterday when I rushed to the hospital and Nathan rung them to let them know where I was. They rushed up and the doctor said that I and the baby were fine. As expected, my grandfather wasn't exactly thrilled but is starting to come around. As for my nan, she's okay, she knows how I feel as she and my mum had children young.

Money isn't a problem, I know that they're expensive but, though I can't say due to personal reasons, money will be fine. As for my education, I've just finished school and I was planning to go to college but if I don't go in September, I can always go in the future. This isn't about wanting love because my parents aren't here anymore, I have enough love from the people around me. Maybe I won't get to do what I wanted to do in the future but family means EVERYTHING to me. As for me and Nathan, we're incredibly strong at the moment and very much in love. Somehow, I just know that I'm making the right decision.
Twisted_Angel_86
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby sovs » Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:47 am

Hi

i never saw the first part of your story but im glad you decided to keep the baby. i was pregnant at 16 and after 8 weeks misscarride i cant tell you how emotionally painful it was, and im still not over it, but i've got a son now. He's 11 months and came 4 days before my 18th. All i have to say is when you have the baby, enjoy ever second your with him or her. they grow so fast.
Good luck!
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

congratulations

Postby briz babe » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:39 am

Congratulations!!!!!

best of luckx :D
briz babe
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby sovs » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:34 am

I hope you and baby are doing well, let us know how you are.

Sovs :wink:
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Emma__ » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:17 pm

I know alot of 16 year old girls that have babies now, or are currently pregnant, and they have grown up so much because of it, Alot of people think cause they are 16 they are too immature to have a baby etc...... but the way they have grown up is amazing, these girls used to hang out outside shops and be clubbing and drinking all the time, now they taken to their responsibilities so well..

Only one of them out of 4 actually is still with the father of the baby though, guess at 16 you don't want to be stuck with the same bloke for the rest of your life. At 16 most girls don't really know what they want, so make a decision stick with it, and never regret what you do in life......

Ems xx
Emma__

Return to Under 16s