I hate the way I look

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I know what u mean

Postby Worried_Teen » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:26 pm

Hi Avril
I have to agree with u i think that a person can only be happy when they feel good. i 2 am goin thru a really tough time and i have stopped eatin but i do it because it is the only thing i can control in my life right now. Although i feel good when i do it i know its wrong. Im on the same level as you but i really think there is a deeper problem going on then just your weight. if u wanna talk more send me a message. Remeber i am feeling sort of like you we can work it through together. AS for exercises have a tried gettin an ab cradle they r killa!!!!
Keep in touch
Kirsty
P.S be sensible raw carrots can be tasty :)
Worried_Teen
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby si » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:08 pm

i'm just gonna say one simple thing 'u r only as fat as u imagine' your imagination can be a nasty thing, dont let it bring u down
~#@/*si*\@#~
si
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby soph » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:53 pm

heya, i dont like the way i look although there always people trying to make you look better. to be honest if you're size 8 then i really dont think your fat im size 10 just got back off holiday and i put on half a stone how bad is that im tryin to lose it now but it aint that easy is it? i wouldnt worry as long as you have good mates you'll be ok darlin XXXX :D
with love soph xxxxxxxxxx
soph
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Avril » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:59 pm

Hi.

Thanks for all your replies, I appreciate it very much...

As I've said before it doesn't 'get me down', I'm still as happy as ever :D Just that bit of my life.

I'm really glad you agree with me Kirsty. I feels nice to know somebody understands me. :roll:

& to anyone else who will reply. I don't know why i'm like this, it's stressing me out. I feel i'm so fat and round and ugly etc..but everyone else says otherwise. Why?! Why do I see me like that when others don't?! Although they see me differently if i was thin i would know about it! & if, like people who are anorexic you could see my ribs and i had a flat stomach, then i would know that i was too thin and to stop! It's confusing...

thanks to all who reply, lotsa love,
Avril xxx
I'm startin to trip, I'm losing my grip and I'm in this thing alone.
Avril
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Im glad u r startin 2 feel better

Postby Worried_Teen » Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:32 pm

Hey Avril. im glad that we r on the same wavelength. im very confused at the moment to the only way out i can see is to take every day at a time. i think u shud set urself an excersie and meal plan. that way u r more likely 2 get the figure u want. i read somewhere by not eating u actually get fatter!! :!: strange i no. ne way my problem is half way sorted i hope urs gets better to but only with time.
luv ya
Kirsty :)
Worried_Teen
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Finch » Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:59 pm

ur not fat by the description u have just given.i was 5,3" and 13 stone when i was ur age.im now 5,11" and 10 stone.ur not fat avril.ur normal
"Theres No Way out If Youve Left Your Ganja Head"
Finch
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby MelodyLinn » Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:58 am

Hiya Avril.

I shall not comment on your weight as it'll probably do no good. So here are half-a-dozen tips:

1) Dance

Salsa, pop, ballet, belly - whatever kind of dancing you choose, you're garenteed a muscle-toning workout. So when the coast is clear, swing your hips & spin around to your fave tune in your bedroom or around the house.

2) Five-Minute Toner

Try this mini fitness session everyday. Do 10 sit-ups, 10 press-ups, & kneel on all fours & stranch each leg out behind you 10 times. Also jog on the spot for a minute. Everyday that goes, add on 5 more, or an extra 30 seconds for more challenge & better results.

3) Eat Breakfast

Researchers have found people who eat breakfast are less likely to develop obesity & diabetes. Go healthy though, with wholewheat toast, wholegrain cereals, fruit & juice. Don't skip it!

4) Avoid Sugar Pitfalls

Eating food with bags of sugar, like chocolate & sweets, gives you a sugar rush, but later your energy levels will crash. To keep your energy high 7 skin clear, switch to fruit & nuts.

5) Weights

First off all do not lift them heavy at first as your muscles are still developing. You can buy them from shops i.e Argos for about a tenner & are definately worth it. The come in different sizes and colours & should also come with an instruction pack. If you can't get any however, tins of soup will do, although the weights will give your arms a better tone.

6) Don't Be Lazy

Don't sit down and leave wrappers next to you. Get up each time and throw them away. Also don't go in the car to places you could easily walk or cycle.

I hope I have helped, Please keep informed.

Love & Peace always,

Melody
You don't miss your water til the well runs dry
MelodyLinn
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby KoRn_Freak » Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:52 pm

Your weight doesn't determine how fat you are! Muscle weighs more than fat for a start. I have a friend who is just over 6"2, there's no muscle on him and no fat at all and he weighs 11 stone and he's as skinny as a rake.

I'm 5"7 and almost 10 stone and a comfortable size 10 and I'm not a balloon. You may just be over-exaggerating, but don't try anything like crash dieting or over-excercising. You do more harm than good.

As long as you get the right amounts of protein, carbohydrates, fat, vitamins and minerals, you'll be fine.
We've got a long way to go; when snow hits the asphalt, cold looks and bad talk come...
We've got a long way to go; it's beyond Martin Luther: upgrade computer.
KoRn_Freak
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Avril » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:03 pm

Hiya,

Ok I'm not too fussed about my weight though my appearance bothers me...I could be 7 stone and still look like i do as you said.

I'm not sure you can over exercise though..

I'm still stuck on what to do, I feel there is one option left

Love

Tam xxx
:roll:
Avril
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby woopdecker » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:52 pm

Hey,
It is possible to over exercise, you can overload, that's safe, however if you overload too much it could cause problems such as injuries and problems with your heart and things, like Korn_freak says, it can do more harm then good.

Luv Maz
some people never listen. Others never try, with eyes and ears shut tight.. the world just passes them by.
woopdecker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Your fine

Postby Wizzerdora » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:33 pm

Belive you me darling, your absolutely fine with your weight!! Remember that muscle weighs more that fat!! I'm 15 and currently weigh more than three elephants, but there's gotta be one thing that you must remember!!!!! IT COULD BE WORSE!!! You should wake up in the morning and go to your mirror and say to yourself, "I AM PREETY, I REALLY DONT CARE, AND I'M HAPPY", and the more you do that the more youlle end up how you want to be. Please take my advice on this, i used to be like you, but thanx to some very good friends and thier dedicated help i'm just fine now. Please at least try it. Good Luck. Wizzerdora :D
Wizzerdora
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Avril » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:59 pm

Thankyou for your post wizzerdora, it made me feel much better.

I'm worried though...I am 5"7', 7 1/2 stone and am size 6/8. To me size 6 seems a little small but i don't feel it! One of my old friends is a size 6 and shes a bag of bones a terribly thin. But i don't look like that though we are the same height and I exercise more.

I see myself as this fat thing with rippling legs bum and belly and it scares me. I've tried so many times to just stop eating.

Easier said than done.

I can't help but calculate all the calories in foods in my head as i look at them and am disgusted with myself if i eat something fattening. I feel sick now whenever i think of, or see food, i think I printed it into my brain. I can't help it. It's taking over me and I don't want it to. I want to be me and I want to eat what I like but this other 'me' wont let me.

Please help...

Tam xxx
:roll:
Avril
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby smile » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:26 am

Hey,

I think we all stop ourselves from eating that cake or biscuit at times so we've all been there. I've said it before but to keep a steady weight you need to eat reguarly but keep it healthy. Skipping meals won't do you any good hun. Honestly it really won't help you to lose weight. You see, if you don't eat then your body is missing out on energy, vitamins etc. You won't have any energy, feel completely drained. I'm sure that you'd rather feel healthy than completely exhausted.

You could go to your GP. They can refer you to a nutritionist who can plan a healthy eating scheme for you. That way you have someone professional telling you what you can or can't eat.

Take care though,

Smile x x
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Avril » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:58 pm

Hiya,

Thanks for the reply smile. I really can't go to my GP, no way! I can't even talk to my mum about it. Or my friends...I try to hide it away from them.

I know what you mean about feeling exhausted but I can't help not wanting to eat. I don't even feel hungry anymore from when I wake up 'til evening! I do want to eat normally but I can't even do that!

I've been thinkin' of making myself sick alot recently too, but I daren't. Cos it rubs the enamel on your teeth and I just hate being sick. But sometimes I get really close to...I just don't know how to get back to my normal self.

This has happened to me before but not this bad and I don't want it to go any futher, though I do in a way... :-?

x-Tam-x
Avril
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Enigma » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:25 pm

I can understand why would you find it difficult to go and see a GP. They're a random person who expects you to let them into your life just like that, and not just your life but your body, which is a very personal thing. The good thing about them being a random person is that they are objective and seperate from your family and friends. They have to keep things confidential, they are there to help you.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

PreviousNext

Return to Under 16s