Depressed

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Depressed

Postby becky_boop » Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:34 pm

Since I hav gone bk 2 skool i hav bcome relly relly down! I dont understand y relly, apart from the fact that i feel relly ugly and like every1 at skool is thinkin im ugly 2! so 2 make myself feel betta i hav began cuttin myself. i hav done it b4 but i promised neva 2 do it agen. if i dont do it hard enuff i cut myself even harder and i punish myself 4 bein relly ugly! i relly need help.
becky_boop
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sovs » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:22 pm

I think you should speak to a doctor.
You obviously have issues that you may not even realise you have, so talking to someone will help.
Im sure your not ugly, your just very down.
Please get help soon.

Sovs :wink:
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby sovs » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:26 pm

I forgot to mention, there are other problems on the forum simlar to those you have.
If you have a look i am sure it will make you happy to know your not alone, and you may even find the replys helpful.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby becky_boop » Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:11 pm

hi agen! thnx! I dont wanna sound stupid but im not the kinda person who will speek openly like dat 2 sum1 i hardly even no! i meen i no they cant tell ny1 wot i tld them but even so id feel stupid!

lotsa luv xxxbxxx
becky_boop
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Talk to someone

Postby woopdecker » Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:45 pm

Well then talk to your friends if you dont want to talk to a stranger, talking to a stranger about your problems are really hard, trust me i know, but it does get easier. Dont worry about the way you look, if everyone else doesnt like it then that's there problem, not yours. But like everyone else has sed, talk to someone, you cannot handle this by yourself. Please take all the advice from everyone.
Good luck and keep us informed, hope i've helped.

Luv maz
some people never listen. Others never try, with eyes and ears shut tight.. the world just passes them by.
woopdecker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby MelodyLinn » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:09 am

Hiya Becky.

You are not ugly, & nobody thinks that. It is all in your mind. If people are looking or staring at you then they are probably thinking "Wow she's gorgeous!" "I wish i looked like her" "shes so pretty! etc. Try not to get yourself down about it.

Also, I read a while ago about something you could try, & it does work. After a week or so you are sure to feel great about yourself:

1) Stand in front of a mirror and look into your eyes.

2) Say something about yourself like "Wow, my eyes are amazing. They are so green & petite, My eyes are so great" etc..and repeat it 5 times.

3)Do this everyday, picking a different part of your body and compliment yourself!

4) You will after a while feel much much bette about yourself.

One more thing. Think "I don't care about my spots/moles/height/size etc as my looks make up for it!" Or somethinbg along those lines.

I hope I have helped you. Please write back.

Love & Peace always,

Melody xxx
You don't miss your water til the well runs dry
MelodyLinn
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby becky_boop » Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:38 pm

Hi again erm thanx for your replies! Well I still feel like well I dont know how to explain but I think you know what I mean! And it doesnt help when my mum and dan my back telling me what to do and its not just me thats noticed my parents are always telling me what to do!!! One of my friends said to me "becky your mum and dad have got you whipped" and although it sounds stupid it really got to me! :oops:

The latest thing is that im in year 9 and obviously this is the year I have to choose my options for GCSE and Ive benn told Ive got to do both of the languages that are avalable at my school and if I do GCSE dance I have to get an A+ cos ive been doing dancing since I was 4!!!

Im sick to death with it and with being pushed tooo much! I hate it! It really drives me to hurting myself even more!!!! Thanx for reading this!
Becky xxx
becky_boop
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby woopdecker » Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:20 pm

you have to do what YOU want, be selfish sometimes, otherwise people are ganna continue to push you around. Stand up to people, you dont have to do what other people say all the time, obviously dont go and get yaself into trouble all the time. Choosing options is important, every teacher tries to sell there subject, they did to me last year, but if you dont want to do those subjects, then dont.

Luv maz
some people never listen. Others never try, with eyes and ears shut tight.. the world just passes them by.
woopdecker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby becky_boop » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:30 pm

Sorry I didnt mean the teachers are telling me Ive got to do 2 languages! NO its my mum and dad! Especially my dad its like hes trying to live his life through me because he never got to do languages as a kid and he always wanted to! Im sick of being pushed around by them 2! Its like I want to be a journalist when I pass all my qualifications and my mum was all like o are u really sure 'cause I think being a lawyer or wotever she said would be much better and you would get more money! Well I dont want that kind of job!!!! Its really getting me down along with the whole attitude I feel towards myself!!! It does not help!!!

Thanks love and best wishes becky xxxx
becky_boop
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby woopdecker » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:34 pm

You cant let them get to you becky, just accept what they say but do your own thing.

All the best, Maz
woopdecker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby becky_boop » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:48 pm

hiya,

Ive been debating wether to write this because i dont want people i know knowing about it but i decided i cant keep it in anymore.

Im absolutly sick to death of my life. Iwant to be someone different. I dont want to be fat, ugly and good at nothing anymore it really winds me up. [-X

So to make me feel better I have started to self-harm again and it does make me feel better if only for a while. Some days I will be happy but others ill wish i could go to sleep and never wake up. I also find myself thinking of running away alot.

Whats made matters worse is the fact one of my friends has made a huge sacrafice for me which has made me feel like such a evil person. :evil:
I feel like this person is being miserable for me but i dont want that. I dont want sympathy.[-X

I just want to be how I used to be happy and care free!

Thanx for reading this lotsa luv becky xxx
becky_boop
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby woopdecker » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:00 pm

Becky, i've told you before that there is nothing wrong with you, you've got loads of mates, and all of them care about you, your not fat. Most girls your age always think this, but your not, your one of the nicest people i know and a great mate, even if i have only known you for at least a week. But you really are one of the nicest person i've ever met, and no matter what anyone says, your a really great mate!
When ever you feel really down and feel like ya wann self harm, then talk to someone, me, your mates at school, anyone.
You should feel like you do cause of this girl, you've told her that you didnt mind about what she did, it's up to her to take up what you said and go ahead with it, she isnt miserable, and one day she will do what she wants to do.

Chin up chuck :)

Luv Maz

[/quote]
woopdecker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby smile » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:25 pm

Hey,

I take it you and woopdecker know one another so here is a bit of advice from someone outside 'the circle'.

If you want to change then change. You can be who ever you want to be. The point is that if being the way you are always makes you feel down then you need to make yourself feel happy. Remember you have the power to change things in your life and for the majority of it, you are the only one who can change your situation. If you stay positive and aim for one thing at a time then you will get to where you want to be or who you want to be. Just take one step at a time and you will get there.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby becky_boop » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:33 pm

Hi yes I know Im back!Sorry! Thanx smile for your reply and you made a good point I can change myself but I cant change my general appearance as in how I look! Im soooo ugly and fat and stubby and Im sick of it!

Today this lad called me a minger and normally it wouldnt bother me I'd just think he was a stupid little git but it really got to me! I think Ive just heard it too many times! :cry: I hate the way all my friends get attention from others because there so much prettier than me.

And it doesnt help when my best friend has got a new boyfriend and she never has time for me anymore! I cant tell her anything either because she always tells him and she blew me off the other day when she was sposed to be going shopping with me so she could hang with him. Well I cant handle it anymore!

I also feel like everyone just walks all over me. My friends always expect me to be there for them but then when there happy again they drop me until they are upset about something.

Thanx for reading this love and best wishes bec xxx
becky_boop
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby woopdecker » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:59 pm

A up becky,
Just ignore those idiotst that call you a minger, cause thats what they are, idiots. It is hard to ignore things, but if you show it getting to you, they will carry on, which'll make ya feel even worse.
Its horrible when best mates drift, but it's got to happen eventually, but remeber, there are always other people out there. My best mate moved to a totally different school, but i've found 2 great mates that i really get along with. Your best mate found someone, and so can you, maybe there's a good mate right in front of you!
Point is, you've got to move on like your best mate has, but just because she's got this new boyfriend, doesnt mean she isnt there for you, all you have to do is ask her, and i'm sure she'll help you whenever you want.
People only walk over you cause you let them, make a stand! It is scary, but if you do it once, then no one will mess with you agen. People sometimes do that, get help then scamper, but not everyone does, and a least you have the satifaction of you knowing you helped them. And when you see them, you can think "they're standing because of me." there are people out there who do care and who are your mates, that would never think of walking over you.

Chin up chuck :)

Luv
Maz
woopdecker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Next

Return to Under 16s