I hate myself

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I hate myself

Postby BlackPeegley » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:34 pm

I really hate myself for eveything I do.
I'm having problems at school as well. I wear black and yes I am a goth, is that so unacceptable? I can't walk around anywhere without being insulted, I am generally a nice person and feel that just because of what I wear I shouldn't be treated like dirt.
If I change what I wear people will like me, but then I will hate myself even more. I really need some help.
BlackPeegley
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby sovs » Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:19 pm

Unfortunately not everyone can see past their own views.
I see goths walking about and i dont really take much notice because of the fact it doesnt bother me.
Dont let other people turn you into something your not. If your happy with what your wearing then dont let people bother you.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Mr.L » Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:33 pm

You can wear what you want. I know how you feel with all these pikey rudeboys who share the same brain cell insulting us for what we wear. They dont understand anything and do not realise the concept of being yourself. They are jsut mere adverts for their coporate scum clothes. I have nothing agaisnt them or what they wear but i hate the way people like you, me and my friends are treated like utter dirt cos of what we like to wear. They belive we our targets and its acceptable for them to beat us up, throw rubbish at us. Well i jsut thought screw it one day, i went out waited for one of the smarmy bums to say "grunger.." under his cowardly breathe and then i went mental. I absolutely ripped it out of him and i hope he learnt a lesson. You peopel might say that im just as bad as him but i dont care. You dont understand, i wondered why ages ago and i even put up a post of why grungers, alternatives and goths were treated differently. Its because they balem theirselves, their parents and their problems on us. They can't take theri own insecurties so they release them on us. Please private message me if you want to talk, i may seem angry and i am but dont change yourself, be what you want to be. im here to talk ifya like, about anything.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby sovs » Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:55 pm

You should go to Brighton for the day, people wear what they like down there and no one cares. They have some great shops to.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby cheese100 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:11 pm

Some people are less understanding than others.You should not change because then you giving and becoming one of what you have to remember is to be yourself Stay true cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby JC_FREAK » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:19 am

Why do you hate yourself? Is it because people think you are strange for wearing black? Don't care about what other people think. People suck!! Remember that people usually bully, slag or laugh at others if they have a self-esteem problem themselves. They like to cover this up and make themselves feel better. Don't change who you are for anyone, change you for yourself girly. Don't accept being treated like dirt, you deserve so much better. That doesn't, mean that you should dish the dirt back, just amazingly nice to the people that are mean and when they see that you aren't getting down about it, they will stop it. I know that it is easier said than done but try it.
I had a really bad self-esteem problem when I was at secondary school becasue Ii was getting bullied. At first, I just ignored it and wallowed in self-pity and was depressed for a while. Then I decided that I had had enough and went mad for a while and anyone who said anything slightly critical would have got a slap or a mouthful, my mum was usually the unfortunate one. Then I decided to ignore what people said about me. Ii just tried to be nice to everyone and get with whoever. People still called me fat and things but I didn't accept it as much. I still have problems but they aren't as bad because I have accepted myself for who I am not who someone else wants me to be. I am trying to lose weight and it is really difficult but I am getting there. I don't care what people think of me.
Before I didn't like to go out of the house as I was so worried about what people thought of me but know I really am not too worried. Ok I have my days and they are days when I feel very ugly and fat but you get those days. Keep your chin up hun and don't let other people get you down. Lurve Shaz xxx
[-o<
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3v16
[-o<

:grouphug:

*rudolph1*
JC_FREAK
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

hi there!

Postby Irish Rose » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:35 pm

I know EXACTLY what you mean!

Well, except i am fat too, so i used to get picked on for that too... Most of the time (especially on tuesdays cos thats when i'm mucking out animals at college), i just used wear "normal" clothes. I always wanted to be a goth because i felt that that's who i am. I just always thought i was too fat... So, i found this shop near where i live and it sells the most gorgeous clothes - even for somone my size!

So now i'm pretty much goth. I hate it when you walk out your door and there's a whole load of townies/scally's in their rockports and designer clothes, who just can't take it when a goth/mosher walks by them.

They are so closed minded that it makes me sooo mad!!!

The thing is though that goths and moshers (or grungers) are some of the most down to earth people you can find. As they dress "alternatively", they also act it - they say what they feel, and can have a laugh about anything, because pretty much anything goes. They also don't need the approval of all their friends to do something, or to like a certain kind of music... Well, although System of a Down is a good place to start, heh heh!

I'm afraid that there is nothing you can do to change these peoples opinions, unless you actually befriended some of them (which i'm assuming you DON'T want to do - i know i wouldn't!)

You need to dress how YOU want to dress, and be proud of who you are! Don't be forced into thinking that you are substandard in any way, just because you don't follow the crowd! Trust me, i've been there, and things get so much better when you leave school.
"And from the shelter of my mind
Through the window of my eyes
I gaze beyond the rain-drenched streets
To Ireland where my heart lies."
Irish Rose
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Jupiter » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:33 am

You are who you are, dont change for anyone but yourself. and if you dont want to change then dont change, being a goth is NOT unaceptable.
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby littlemonkey » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:07 am

Some people find it hard to accept anything other then what they see as normal.

The world would be a very boring place if everyone was the same, if people can't get over thier own narrow minded views thats their problem.

You're not hurting no one and are NOT doing anything wrong.
littlemonkey
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby ditzyme » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:01 pm

you shouldn't care about what other people think. the only thing that matters is that your happy with who you are.
ditzyme
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby glamourpuss_1 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:26 pm

8) Act totally cool about it!! You know that you wana be a goth rite?
So do be!!!!Take no notice of what other people are saying do it your own way for a change!!!

:D
It's funny how I find myself In love with you
If I could buy my reasoning I'd pay to lose
one half won't do! I'va asked myself how much do you commit yourself??? x x x
glamourpuss_1
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby smile » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:37 pm

Please note that the author posted the problem in October 2003 so the problem has most probably been sorted now.

Please check the dates of the topic in which you are replying to as it saves you bringing an old topic back from the dead. Thanks.

:)
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby oO_Lisa_Oo » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:06 am

im a goth and i get insulted aswell. dont hate yourself, these are just random people who you will never see again. and anyway, there just stereotypical idiots, and if they dont like you, forget them.

Edited by smile for profanity. Swearing is NOT tolerated on these forums.
oO_Lisa_Oo
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby brfc » Thu May 05, 2005 3:43 pm

as above i dont judge anyone by what they wear. your just you at the end of the day. dont feel any need to change to what people think you should wear. just be yourself.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby LME79 » Thu May 05, 2005 3:44 pm

smile wrote:Please note that the author posted the problem in October 2003 so the problem has most probably been sorted now.

Please check the dates of the topic in which you are replying to as it saves you bringing an old topic back from the dead. Thanks.

:)

Please take note of the above :)
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Next

Return to Under 16s