Thanx for everything... It doesn't work!!

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Thanx for everything... It doesn't work!!

Postby BlackPeegley » Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:43 pm

I tried so hard to accept peoples oppinioons of me, but its so dfficult when they are in my face insulting me or cornering me in the corridors saying things like "kill the goth". People seem to think it is so easy to stop these things but it isnt, I really need some help! :cry: [-o<
BlackPeegley
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Llisa » Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:21 pm

Hi hun,
Really, there isn't anything you can do. To dress the way you do is your own choice...and no one is asking you to be anything but yourself.
The thing is, everyone in this world gets persecuted for something or another. Whether it be their sexuality, how they choose to dress, their religion, ethnic background...whatever. When we are who we are, there are certain downfalls that go along with being the person we are. The best thing we can do is ignore those around us, no matter how hard it is, or just don't let their comments bother you. If you are purposely trying to make a statement in this world, you have to have a thick skin. Best of luck, and keep looking up.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Mr.L » Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:27 pm

Mr. L's post deleted by smile for innappropriate content
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Ciara » Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:06 pm

Hi
Ur right that no one shoud treat u badly for how u are, but at the end of the day u just have to accept that there are some ppl in the world who have a one track view of the world, and anything different to them is weird. Everyone goes thru a time where someone doesnt accept them, but dressing in a way thats not u to fit in wont make it better. The next time someone insults u for being a goth, just turn around and tell them that ur sorry that they seem to have a facist attitude, but its not ur problem, and u dont have a problem with the way they dress, so if they wouldnt mind letting me chose my own personality and stop acting like they own the world.
If u hate me 4 who im not, i'll hate u 4 who u r.
Ciara
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Fidel » Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:14 pm

No-one knows about this kind of thing unless it happened to u
It happened to me when i arrived here not speaking much english, slightly worse off than we ought to have been but once we got stablised I settled into my own.
People are scared of people who are different. I cannot wear stuff like that because of my schools dress code but i strecth the limit and my hair is often bizzare but once u work up respect u can do things like that
Don't worry about those arseholes - u be who ur and not anything else
Plus I think "goths" are cool :D

Good luck

Vladimir =D> (I deserve a clap for keeping a clean sheet in my match today. Unfortunaely my second name doesn't fit on the back of the shirt so i have Illyich instead!)
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Llisa » Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:48 pm

Just wanted to add something...
I get put down and made fun of a lot because of my beliefs. I wear long skirts, have very long hair, never swear, don't smoke,drink, do drugs, anything like that... a typical "good little Christian girl". For that cause, I get easily recognized, and am contantly under watchful eyes, people just waiting for me to slip up, then rub it in my face, calling me a 'sinner' and a 'heathen'. This is basically a daily occurance, and it's something that I've just had to live with.
Like you, I'm not going to change who I am and what I belive just so that a bunch of people who have nothing better to do with their time will leave me alone.
I thought you should know this, so you know I'm, not just giving you some backhanded advice...I do know what I'm talking about. And the best thing for you to do hunnie, is let it roll off your back. Or, if you're the confronting type, take Ciara's advice. Either way, you'll know it's the only thing you can do, because you can't change who they are...and the knowledge that THEY can't change who YOU are, is something great.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Lorelei » Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:53 am

HOORAY FOR GOTHS!
I was a goth at school too and I got SO much abuse for it!
Even out of school, in the streets, people used to shout at me.
I tried being fashionable for a while when I was about 15.
But it wasn't me and I wasn't happy so I went back to my old goth clothes.
I decided not to care about people's reactions any more.
I took on a bit of an 'I don't care what you think, I don't want you to be my friend anyway' attitude.
Suddenly, I was popular.
It doesn't matter what you wear, some people are just dying to pick on others and they'll focus on whatever you're most insecure about.
I'm 23 now and I'm still a goth.
My appearance is far less extreme than when I was younger (and I even wear colours sometimes!) but that's only because I've changed as a person.
Always be who you are NOW and express who you are NOW.
Otherwise, you'll look back and think: "I really regret not having fun with my clothes when I was young enough to do so!"xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Well, i tried

Postby BlackPeegley » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:11 pm

I've tried everything I've been advised to do. I've spoken to everyone about it. But I guess I'll just remain in the background, and take whats given to me. Thanx for your help everybody!!! :)
BlackPeegley
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby MelodyLinn » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:57 pm

Hiya BlackPeegley.

I've only just seen this post and a few of the replys.

I'd Just like to say be yourself. Be who you are and do whatever you feel comfortable with. These narrow-minded people overcrowd our world and all we can do is ignore them and just be yourself.

The same problem happened with me like on non-uniform days for example. I'd wear bright, grunger style clothes and people would shout and take the mick but at the end of the day inside they have respect for your 'bravery' and beliefs. I'm glad you still wear what you feel comfortable in and hope everything turn out ok. Also, like Lorelei I was suddenly popular! Once people ignored what i looked like and got to know me they like me! So keep being you...

...That's really what I've sent this reply for. Just always be yourself...that's when your happiest. :roll:

Love & peace,

Melody
You don't miss your water til the well runs dry
MelodyLinn
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Under 16s