Drugs Help

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Drugs Help

Postby XFighterX » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:25 pm

Im going to a "band night" at school soon..it'll be like rock and punk bands playing.. and i'm scared someone might spike my drink/force me into takin drugs.
Any thoughts on how to steer clear.

Please help.

Edited by sovs 16.32pm 1/11/03
XFighterX
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby misatok11 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:11 pm

Keep your drink with you at all times.

Dont accept drinks from someone you don't know or trust.

If you leave your drink unnattended at any time leave it and get a fresh one.

Look for anyone taking more interest in your drinks than normal.

Enjoy yourself! The chances of this happening isn't that great, so have fun!
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby XFighterX » Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:38 pm

ok,

None of my freinds that are going are bothered as:

• One Smokes Weed
  • They Have Been Before and know what goes on

Thx for the help so far
XFighterX
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby saz » Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:54 pm

I do worry about this sort of thing but luckily it has never happened to me or anyone i know. Misatoks advice is the best way to be careful.

I have never taken drugs but have been to all sorts of clubs and bars all over the place where they are rife (as they are nowadays). I have NEVER encountered a situation where people have tried to force me into taking drugs, but i have been offered them. A lot of my friends did drugs and would offer them to me at various times, telling me i would have a nice time. Well personally i would rather have a nice time without them, or the risks some drugs carry. Needless to say, i am not friends with these people anymore because this way of life doesn't suit me. It is difficult though to not be friends with people who do drugs (because you have probably known them for a long time) and not easy to make new ones i know.

If people do offer you something, just keep saying no to them and move away from them. Go and stand near to someone/something where they aren't likely to approach you for fear of being caught (the door where it is light or someone in charge). Tell them you dont want to and be firm. You dont have to do anything just to fit in however much they tell you that. If they are nasty to you then personally i would leave. Any friends that would spike your drink or force drugs are NOT good friends. If you really are concerned then last resort is to report them.

As misatok said, dont leave your drink around (even take it to the loo or just leave it and get another) and dont let anyone else touch your drink.

I hope you have a nice time it is a shame that you are worrying about this it would be awful if this stopped you going or ruined a good night out. It is quite unlikely to happen so just enjoy yourself!!!
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:02 pm

Nice words saz.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby XFighterX » Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:21 pm

Enigma wrote:Nice words saz.

yes i would have to agree

thanks =D>
XFighterX
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby depman » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:04 am

Keep an eye out and if there is a lot that goes on It might be easier if you dont drink too much so you are still aware of whats going on around you

In the past I have lost so called friends because they were taking speed and weed and because Im not intrested in drugs they thought I was a loser

I was going out with a girl once and she was offered to go in a car with some people I once knew and her brother,and she assumed I would be going with her to do speed
I dumped her there on the spot
Drugs are for sad people and they end up being the losers

My advice is just hold on to your drink like another earlier post said
and keep a watchful eye
Good luck!!!
depman
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Fidel » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:46 pm

Hey

My cousin got her drink spiked one time and almost died. Keep it to urself - don't drink too much

Take care

Vlad
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saffyre » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:52 pm

At uni we've been advised to just be aware of how we're feeling as well - if you find you feel sick, or more "drunk" than you'd expect for what you've been drinking, seek medical attention as these can be the effects of drugs sometimes used to spike drinks (e.g rohypnol).

That said, don't let worry get in the way of enjoying your night - just be aware of this and the other advice people have given here - it becomes second nature after a while!!
saffyre
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Llisa » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:00 am

This is kind of late, but a word to anyone...when you're in a situation where you think your drink could be spiked, order only bottled drinks.
This lets you move around more freely without worrying about spilling, but by placing your thumb over the opening at all times creates a temporary stopper.
This saved a friend of mine...the guy who was trying to slip her a powdered roofie wasn't watching what he was doing, and didn't realize her thumb was in the way. He ended up pouring powder onto her thumb. She immediately reported the guy and he was arrested and charged on several accounts.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:30 pm

Yep, that's right. Do it habitually.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Under 16s