Boyfriend trouble

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Boyfriend trouble

Postby BlackPeegley » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:34 pm

I've got this really good friend but he keeps on saying he loves me. I have recently got a new boyfriend, but apparently unless im gonna go out with my m8 I can't go out with anyone. It's driving me mad. He wont shutup for 2 minutes. And now, he is saying that if I wont go out with him he can never be my friend. Its ridiculous but I don't seem to know what to do. I really like my boyfriend but I don't want to lose my friend.
:cry:
BlackPeegley
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby X_Smiler_X » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:15 pm

Ohhh the memories! I know EXACTLY how your feeling!
I had a friend who said he loved me, when I didn't feel the same back to him - he blackmailed me, saying if I didn't go out with him and love him back he'd never talk to me again.

I overcome this problem by telling him straight "I dont like you in that way, you can blackmail me all you want, but it wont get you anywhere" - He ignored me for ages, but now he's alot more mature, and we are best friends.

I think your friend needs to grow up a bit, sounds like he can't stand being rejected, and so the only way he'll feel better is if he tries to black mail you for satisfaction.

Dont you worry love, if he's a good enough friend, he will understand you dont like him in thatway and you are happy with your boyfriend.

K xx
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby luvva » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:48 pm

hey
well i dnt knw wot kind of friend would blackmail u. that sounds rlly immature to me n id tell him straight just like X_Smiler_X said. i cant really say much smiler said everything! take smilers advice it sounds spot on 2 me!
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Llisa » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:04 pm

I have an exboyfriend right now who is constantly saying that he loves me nad wants to get back together with me. We are good friends, but this definitly hinders your friendship.
The best thing you can do is be up front with him and say there is no way you have feelings like that for him. It's easier to hurt them a little bit now, then go out with them and end up hurting yourself and them even more in the long run
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:20 pm

Mmm have been here too but also on my part (:oops: ). Certainly agree that in time this sort of behaviour will stop but at the time it is hard to deal with.

You have to be straight with him. At the end of the day, he isn't being a good friend to you at the moment, so if he ignores you for a bit, you haven't really lost anything short term (but hopefully you can resolve things long term - just give him time to get used to things). Try talking to him let him know you dont want to lose him as a mate but nothing more will come of your relationship. Maybe when he realises you mean it he will stop behaving this way cos he doesnt want to lose you altogether.

I am now best mates with my male friend this happened with. We both did it to each other at different times but now laugh and realise how funny it was.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby cheese100 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:12 pm

Your friend is being mean.He should be happy for you,you need to talk to him and tell him how it makes you feel if he is a true friend he'll stop.cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Hiya Hun!

Postby glamourpuss_1 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:23 pm

Sure thing that as soon as you get a boyfriend and are all happy that your friend starts complaining!!!
I think your friend is jealous personally, he may not have ever shared an experience with another girl so now that you are in aa happy relationship he thinks it is his 'duty' to protect you?!
If you love your boyfriend too much to stop seeing him tell your friend that you are happy and that he is ruining it for you. And that you obvisously have a strong bond with your friend but you have a boyfriend now! He should understand, if he doesnt he is just pathetic and full of jealousy!!

Good Luck!!
x x x x x x x
glamourpuss_1
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby LME79 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:04 pm

Again, please check the dates of when the topic was originally posted. It has more than likely been resolved now.

(Although we are very happy that you are eager to give advice! xxx)
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby oO_Lisa_Oo » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:05 am

the exact same thing happened to me. just tell your friend that you dont like him int hat way but can you stil be friends and if he cant see that then hes probably not a v.good friend
oO_Lisa_Oo
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby X_Smiler_X » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:18 am

Make sure you look at the date of the post before replying. This problem has most likely been sorted.
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Under 16s