Please help me

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Please help me

Postby devilindisguise » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:46 pm

Hi please help me
i am 14 years old, i havent started my period and my chest is as flat as an ironing board. All my friends are well developed and i feel like the odd one out. I have excess body hair also and its really getting me down is there something wrong with me?
devilindisguise
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby halfwaythere » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:49 pm

i'm probably not the best person to say anything as i am a boy however i can garantee you are not alone, there are many more girls like you at your age, puberty hits people at lots of different ages, there is NOTHING wrong with you.

Hope helps
Steve
To The World You Are One Person But To One Person You Are The World
halfwaythere
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sovs » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:55 pm

As steve said it's perfectly normal.

I started my periods at 13 but everyones different.
Ask your mum when her period started as you normally start around the same sort of time as your mum did, though that doesnt always mean you start at the age your mum did, it's a guide line.

If its bothering you that much go and see your gp just for some general advice on the subject.

best of luck
sovs :wink:
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby devilindisguise » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:56 pm

my mum started her period when she was 14 and both my sisters started exactly a week before their 14th bday so its a bit strange cos im like nearly 15 :S
devilindisguise
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby sovs » Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:05 pm

Try not to worry, we spend our early teens wanting our periods and the rest of our lives wishing they will go away hehe.

I know that as long as you start by the time your sixteen its ok, if it still hasnt come by then the doctor may cheak you over.

I still think your ok, just try not to let it bother you.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby cheese100 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:58 pm

I am 13 but are the same all my friends have had their periods and I am the oldest.However I no that everybody delevolps at different times so just wait and things will happen in thier own time.cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby luvva » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:01 pm

Hey
I really wouldn't worry, although i know that is hard! Me and my best friend happended to 'start' at around the same time but our other friends hadn't. You don't hafta worry at all, its not like your other friends will be talking behind your back cos me and my friend never talked about them. Most teenagers know that all people are different, its just stupid people that dont!! You should ask your mum but dont worry if she started late, My mum started when she was 17 yet i started about a month after my 12th birthday. Usually it is around the same time but don't panic if it isn't.
Bye-z-bye xxxxxx
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby luvva » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:03 pm

Hey
I really wouldn't worry, although i know that is hard! Me and my best friend happended to 'start' at around the same time but our other friends hadn't. You don't hafta worry at all, its not like your other friends will be talking behind your back cos me and my friend never talked about them. Most teenagers know that all people are different, its just stupid people that dont!! You should ask your mum but dont worry if she started late, My mum started when she was 17 yet i started about a month after my 12th birthday. Usually it is around the same time but don't panic if it isn't.
Bye-z-bye xxxxxx
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Under 16s