feeling out of place

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

feeling out of place

Postby -iron- » Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:57 pm

i'm in year 10 and i have lots of friends, just lately i feel slighly out of place around some of them, i really like em and and every thing and they are really good mates, exept i'm starting to feel out of place in the one's in my form. Is it just because i've known them all so long i need a change or what, i dont want to lose them because they are great. i'm really confused,
help me :(
show them no fear, show them no pain
-iron-
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sovs » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:16 pm

Everyone matures at a different rate and maybe your maturing faster than them as things that they find fun etc your not really into anymore?

Everyone changes as we get older, a girl i was in school with and were great friends with is completely different than me now and i hardly see her.
I have a family etc she has a job and goes clubbing so we dont have as much in common anymore. It dosent mean were still not friends its just we have busy and different lives.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby -iron- » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:55 pm

thanx, maybe thats the reason but i still dunno, i'll c how it goes, thanx
-iron-
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

talk

Postby lizzie.s. » Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:24 pm

iron, talk to them tell them how you feel, u'll be better off for it. i'm sure they could help if they new.
lizzie.s.
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby luvva » Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:12 am

OMIGOD!! sorry its just recently iv been feeling like that too. they always want to do things that i just dont see the point in and vice-versa. Also half the conversations they have are eitha boring to me or i just cant join in on them, they'll be about a TV show i never watch, or a particular band i hate. I didnt say anything though! I s'pose im still just hoping that when i go back after the christmas holidays everything will be okay. well fingers crossed anyway!
Bye....4 now!
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jo » Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:57 am

Hi Iron

Everyone goes through phases like this. Like sovs mentioned, its part of growing up.

Having said that though, it is normal for people in a group of friends to feel this way sometimes - it just means that you need a break from each other.

Things will probably be better when you go back to school - you'll have lots to talk about after Christmas!
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby -iron- » Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:00 pm

thanx all, i'll see what it is like after christmas, i appreciate the help
-iron-
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby cheese100 » Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:35 pm

hi,Maybe you could take a hobby up or do more activies with your friends so you can feel more together.cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby -iron- » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:47 am

yea thats a really good idea, now all i gotta do is find summat we all like doing :-? thanx cheese i will think of sumthing
-iron-
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

hi

Postby devilindisguise » Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:17 pm

u sound exactly like some1 in my year lol! where u from if u dont mind me askin??
devilindisguise
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby cheese100 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:44 pm

hi,I also went through this just try taking up something new and do more things with them to make things more interesting.cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby -iron- » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:55 pm

hi i feelin like i fittin in betta now afta the holls, maybe all i needed was a break, i had some gr8 days in my holls wiv some of them and i feel better, thanx everyone for ur help
-iron-
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Under 16s