I can't talk to anyone

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I can't talk to anyone

Postby BlackPeegley » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:21 pm

I'm not sure what to do. Regarding all my former problems. I have something that is plaguing my mind, and it wont go away. I'm getting counselling because my doctor said that I was "Very Depressed". But This thing on my mind, I need to tell someone to try and make it go away. I've tried to tell my counsellor but couldn't, the same with my family and friends, Then my mum suggested I phone childline and try to tell them, but every time I was being redirected to a helper I hung up the phone. I've tried phoning them about 55 times. It's driving me mad, that I need to speak to someone but can't manage to. What the hell am I supposed to do? I can't take it anymore.
I feel so alone.
BlackPeegley
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby smile » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:45 pm

Hiya,

How about getting your Mum to sit with you until you actually get through to someone and say hello to them. You could also give yourself an ultamatum. Just remember that you will feel so much better after talking to someone about how you feel.

Smile
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby BlackPeegley » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:11 pm

I have tried doing that but I just hang up still. I don't know why I can't talk to someone... but it really is driving me mad because this thing is quite important. I'm desperate.
BlackPeegley
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby saz » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:18 pm

It sounds like this is really hard for you. Maybe you need a little bit more time to get the courage up to speak to someone and are just building up the confidence to do it. Keep trying on the phone and hopefully soon you will feel strong enough to hold on and tell them.

Have you told your mum? This may be of great help and i am sure she would be supportive - it sounds like she is. Maybe you could get your mum or a friend to phone and hold on the phone until the advisor is ready to talk to you and then just take a big breath and say what you need to.

Good luck i hope you are ok
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:20 pm

Hi again,

I can undertand your desperation to talk to someone. If you can't phone them then you can write to them. A counciloor will reply to your letter ASAP.

The address is:

ChildLine,
Freepost NATN1111,
London
E1 6BR

Because it's freepost, you don't need a stamp. You may find it easier to write how you feel down in a letter. Good luck!

Smile
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:46 pm

There's a new phone service, it may be just Scottish though but it's called Breathing Space and I believe they have a web site. worth searching for
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:03 pm

Breathing space Scotland

A free, confidential phone-line to call when feeling down or stressed. Lines open from early evening until 02:00. 0800 83 85 87.
Last edited by Enigma on Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:28 pm

there you go. My faithful assistant.....
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby BlackPeegley » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:12 pm

Thanx for everything, I went to conextions.co.uk they had a sort of msn thing that u could talk directly to an advisor, without having to speak to them. I now have to speak to my G.P and get them to get my counselling started asap. Thats the advice I was given.
Wish me luck.
BlackPeegley
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby smile » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:27 am

You'll be fine. That's what I had to do to see a counsillor and it's not as scary as you would think.

Take care,

Smile

smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Under 16s