Depressed

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Depressed

Postby spoonhead » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:22 pm

I am so unhappy and the wrost thing about it is i don't what is making me almost cry everynight. The things i can not ask for help from people i know because everytime i am near a persaon i know i suddenly act like am i happy and o.k when really i am feel ing so sad. I often think about kiling myself but i know that would be unfair on my family and friend. i just want to feel happy again i have forgoten what it feels like.
spoonhead
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby cheese100 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:31 pm

hi
Please dont kill yourself as you have said it would be horrible for the people that love you.As for depression you seriously need to talk to someone if its making you so sad it doesnt even have to be a friend it can be a family member or even post it on here.I know you wouldnt want to because of the front you put up but if you dont show how you feel then people are going to think the front is you really and so you wont be able to show your real emotions and bottle it up even more to cause yourself more hurt and pain and that is not what you want.good luck cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby BlackPeegley » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:08 pm

Hi. I've been going through exactly the same thing. What I advise you to do is to talk to someone. It may be a good idea to talk to your G.P about it. Then they can, with your concent, refer you to a good counsellor. It wont cost anything as its done through the NHS. This will be a great help. And if it isnt you can always give it up. DON'T KILL YOURSELF. Trust me, its harder to do than it is to think. Believe in your inner strength and that you can get through this.
You're in my prayers hun.
xxxx
BlackPeegley
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby smile » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:10 am

Hi Spoonhead and welcome to problempages.co.uk!

I'm sorry that you're feeling like this but bottling it up inside won't do you any good. I also think you should go to your doctor and ask him about being referred to a therapist. It is common for people who are feeling low to put on a happy front. That's just natural. Please talk to your mum about it, she will understand how you are feeling, even if you do seem happy on the outside. If you don't feel like talking to your Mum then speak to someone who you feel you can talk to. Whether ther person is a teacher, uncle, friend, sister... it doesn't matter, as long as you talk to someone about how you feel.

As I'm sure you know, ending it is not the answer. This depressed low feeling won't last forever, you have so much time to enjoy life why end it now?

If you do't feel you can see your doctor then you can always buy a herbal alternatives to antidepressants. You can buy 'St John's Wart' in any pharmacy, it's about £5 I think but many people claim that it does help them to feel more positive. You can buy it over the counter so you don't need a perscription.

Take care,

Smile
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:05 am

Hi spoonhead i am sorry to hear how you are feeling, and hope that things soon get better for you. I know it is hard to confide in people close to you but you have made a good step by seeking help here. Think of the person you trust the most in your life and try and talk to them about how you are feeling, because pretending that everything is ok will not make things better. Your friends and family would be upset to think that you didn't go to them with your feelings, and i am sure will do everything they can to help you.

Seeing your GP is a good idea and if you feel you can talk to them about feeling depressed they will be able to offer you support and options available to you.

The thing with feeling depressed is that it is everything that gets you down and not just one particular thing. Opening up about it and working on getting back to your usual self can be hard work, but it can be done so dont give up hope. You dont have anything to feel bad about most people go through bad stages in their life but are able to work through them.

I wish you luck and hope that things work out for you.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Secret_days » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:56 pm

i can relate to you so much
and from personal experince i know that it helps loads talking to someone
anyone a friend or teacher or youth worker or your parents
you will be suprised how understanding they are
also try new things that you normally wouldnt do
or try a new job etc
the best way forwards it to write down when you feel down and what makes you down at that time and try find a pattern
and talk to someone
xxx
Secret_days
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Katchalilfishy » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:51 pm

OMG we r so alike. The only reason 4 me is im scared of dyin or my frends nd family diein. I avnt tod ne1 eithr nd i really dont want 2. I also get sorta bullied on da bus by som1 nd i got off da bus cryin. I told my frend about that nd they had a go @ the ppl on the bus. U cud tell som1 like the skl nurse or ur dctr.
Katchalilfishy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Under 16s