Advice on reactions

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Advice on reactions

Postby Historybabe » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:28 pm

Heya some of u might know who i am i was talking about wether or not im gay. Well, i've come to the disicon that i am, But having second thoughts about it. The only really reasons i'm thinking this is because about a week ago my "m8" daz asked me if i was bi or if i was gay, so i thought he would keep i to himself so i told him i was gay, he goes off and the next day i've found he has told half my biology class and half his ICT class!! :cry:
To make matters worse someone came and told my mum ( don't know how) and coz shes homophobic took it really badly.
I have talked to some on at school about this and shes helped me out abit but i just need to get hold of some websites or phone numbas that i could use to see if i could get some good advice about dealing with ppls reactions.
Love TRICIA x=x=x=x=
Historybabe
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby daveshow » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:30 pm

i'm sorry i dont know any phone numbers but i jsut wanted to say that it could be a phase as a lot of girls your age(teens?) get feelings like this.

its not much but i hope to have helped :)
"I eat green berets for breakfast and right now i'm very hungry"
daveshow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby saz » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:05 am

Support Groups - http://www.galha.org/dir/lgb/support.html
Familes and Friends of Gay and Lesbians UK - http://www.fflag.org.uk/
Telephone Helplines - http://www.strath.ac.uk/Students/LGB/helplines.html
Help and support for parents of lesbians and gay men -
www.hants.gov.ukwww.freedoms.org.uk
www.avert.org.uk

I have listed some here that i found from Google and Ask Jeeves and hope that some of them might be helpful to you. I am sure they offer support and information not just for you but also for parents, friends and other family.

Your mum loves you and although this has been a shock to her i am sure in time she will accept how you feel. Keep talking to her, giving support but also getting support from her. It was totally unfair of your friend to tell everyone, but perhaps you didn't make it clear enough that it was a secret. If you did then he has betrayed your trust and you should talk to him about this, let him know how you feel. He may not realise what has happened and how much it has affected you. He will have to learn to gain your trust again. People shouldn't judge you and you will know your true friends who accept you as you are.

Good luck i hope things work out for you.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Flutegirl » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:55 am

Why not try the Samaritans? I don't have their number but I'll look it out for you.
After all you put me through you'd think I'd depise you but in the end I'm gonna thank you cause you made me that much stronger
Flutegirl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Under 16s