i have no confidence, especially around guys

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

i have no confidence, especially around guys

Postby chica » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:40 pm

i know it may not be as serious as other peoples problems but at the moment it's just getting me down. I've always been the shy one but over the last few years i thought that i had come out of hiding a bit. All my friends are outgoing and confident, and they have never had any trouble finding boyfriends. I'm the odd one out. At the moment i really like this guy, the problem is that he's in the year below, which may sound slightly wrong, but he's lovely. Because of this there is no way of me being able to start a conversation with him, and i'm too shy. Last night i went to see some bands play at this club and he was there. All night i was trying to make him notice me but it seems as though he doesn't even realise that i exist. I don't know what to do to get him to notice me, and another problem is that i think he's shy around girls too. I never really see him hanging around with girls. Please help me out because it's taking over my life at the moment and it's making me feel really down.
chica
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Nicki-claire » Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:17 pm

Theres nothing wrong with liking someone whos in the year below you! Its only what a years age difference?! At my school year groups mean nothing when it comes to relationships, maybe that just my school! If you want a chance with this guy you need to start a convosation. Do any of your friends know hes friends? maybe you could 'accidentally' bump into him in the school canteen and say you saw him at the club and what did he think of the band. He could be shy around girls if you've never seen him with any so you'll prob have to start the convosation if you want to get to know him.
Let us know how it goes!
Good luck!

xNicki-Clairex
Broken up, deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes
Nicki-claire
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby markh » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:40 pm

Yeah that's a really good idea. Use the concert as an excuse to talk. Hey you never know he might be the one for you. So go for it and don't worry about what other people think.
:D
When all things in life seem blue,
And there's nothing you can do,
There is One you can turn to,
His name is Jesus, He loves you.

Don't look before you leap, you'll only decide to sit down.
markh
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby chica » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:08 am

Thanks for the advice. It's just that i get stick every day from my so-called friends about him being in the year below, i don't think they know just how much i like him. I always manage to support and help them, why can't they do the same for me?
chica
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby oh_lawdy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:34 pm

Arghhhh I know exactly what you mean!! I don't fancy a guy a year below... but someone unsuitable let's just say..... and I ain't doin anything about the guy.. I guess because I care too much about what my friends think....

Maybe both of us should stop thinking about what other people think.. and start thinking about what makes us happy!

edited by all_apologies: oh_lawdy PLEASE use proper English
oh_lawdy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby babby_shrek » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:46 pm

i think you should fake confidence. that's what i do... sounds stupid, i know but it really works. just pretend you're someone you really admire and act like them. soon, you'll feel more comfortable in yourself when you see everyone really cares what you have to say. good luck XXX
~you could be my unintended~
no use to fly away to my yesterday of freedom
babby_shrek
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Cameron2810 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:56 pm

Nothing wrong with dating a younger guy. It will get better as you get older, once your out of shcool, people will see no wrong in it. The others have made some goodpoints take them and use them!
Cameron2810
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby lilessexgal » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:00 pm

ignore your friends if you like him they cant stop you from liking him and the year below? thats nothing in age to tell you the truth!

i like the sound of the acting confident bit! sounds clever! i think you should use the concert as an excuse like just casually walk up to him and say did you enjoy the concert and see how he reacts!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Under 16s