odd headaches

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

odd headaches

Postby BlackPeegley » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:12 pm

For the last week or so my head has been hurting but not like a normal headache. I'm perfectly fine with loud noises and stuff and when i'm sitting still. but the second i move my head it feels as if someone has stuck a load of pins in my brain, its with any slight movement. It get's really difficult because it hurts when i walk. It's causing me to be rather dizzy as well. I've had something like this before and had to go to hospital for tests but they couldn't find anything wrong. Headache tablets etc aren't working and it get's quite painful. Does anyone else get this, or have any suggestions?
I appreciate any advice.
BlackPeegley
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby smile » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:18 am

Are you under any kind of stress at the moment? I've had headaches like that before and it feels like your head is thumping everytime you move. Mine went after I had a sleep though. If you've had it for a while and can't shake it off then I would advise you to go to your GP as headaches don't usually last a week.

Take care.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby SugarRainbows » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:08 pm

Yea stress can cause stuff like this really badly :( also if you get dehydrated so try drinking more water and see if this helps :)
SugarRainbows
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Loopy » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:34 pm

BlackPeegley, you may not want this mentioned but if you have weird eating habits that can contribute towards headaches also. But get them checked by a doctor just incase.
Loopy
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby SugarRainbows » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:23 pm

oh yea it can also be a sign of anaemia (iron deficiany) which you will need to get a blood test for at the doctors, do u have other symptoms apart from headaches? If your a girl it can be caused by heavy periods where u loose loads of iron in the blood.
SugarRainbows
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby BlackPeegley » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:31 pm

well.. recently i haven't been sleeping, since this started about a week and a half ago i have only had about 8 hours sleep in total :(
Also I have a very painful back, it doesn't hurt all the time, it hurts when i tense it, or the pain will just come on suddenly, but the pain has been moving around my back.
Yes i do suffer from abnormally high stress levels for someone my age sadly.
I just don't know what to do... I've been tested for anaemia about 6 months ago and they couldn't find anything.
BlackPeegley
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Loopy » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:08 pm

I don't know what to suggest, other than keep going back til they find out what it is..
Loopy
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Under 16s