i'm desperate

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

i'm desperate

Postby babby_shrek » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:38 pm

hi, i really don't know what's wrong with me. i've been so depressed recently and it really hurts. i have always wanted to be a model but i am too short (i'm 5"6) and it hurts that i can't ever be perfect. i've got my gcses coming up and i know that i am going to do badly and that will upset my mum. my sister is the cleverest person i have met and then, there's me. i don't no wt to do. i feel so trapped.
~you could be my unintended~
no use to fly away to my yesterday of freedom
babby_shrek
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Cameron2810 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:02 pm

Work your way out of it. You seem to know yourself that modelling might never be your thign so your half way to getting over that step. You never know though, so I wouldn't give up.
If you feel you've failed your exams ebfore you've even taken them you will fail. Think positive, put in the extra work, homework and revision and you'll work your way up. If I'm right, your exams aren't for a while yet, plenty of time to do some last minute revision. Keep thinking to yourself, you can do it, you can do it! I wish I had concentrated more at school and worked harder to acheive what I could have done.
Work for it and you'll get what you deserve is my moto. Perhaps treat yourself once a week. Think if I put in this much revision this week I'll buy myself a new t shirt or something at the end of it. And if you don't put in the revision, DONT buy the shirt or treat yourself. And remember don't revise too much, do it in stages and take your time.
Cameron2810
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby lilessexgal » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:56 pm

5 ft 6? you can still be a model! my sister is 5'5 - 5'6 and she is a model! who says you cant be? it dont really matter about height in some areas of modelling! i mean jordan (Katie price) is actually quite small!

as for your exams im like you my sister got all A's and im failing but all you can do is your best and if noone can settle for you doing your best thats there problem! dont let it get you down! if you want to do do better in your exams make sure you leave plenty of time to revise and maybe make a revision timetable etc
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby fairy of darkness » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:25 pm

honey i know exactly how you feel! i felt the same way and i am younger than you!i think you should tell your parents how you feel about your exams and how you feel trapped. And as for modelling, you can be anything if you put your mind to it!xxx
Constantly moving
fairy of darkness
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby captainf » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:13 am

Hey,

You are too short to be a model, at 5'6? You may still have alot of growing to do at your age though. I'm 20 and i'm only 5'6, so I assume that as you have your GCSE's coming up you're young and still growing. Don't give up on your dreams yet!

I guess you're feeling depressed because you feel your dream is over. I know that you must feel awful at the moment (I would feel the same if I lost my flying - to be honest I don't think I could live without it) however rather than giving up, why not look into other possible aspects of the profession. Surely being too short doesn't disable you from all possible modelling jobs? When you're older can't you model for clothes magazines? What kind of model did you want to become?

I noticed that you said "It hurts that I can't be perfect" Perfection is what you want it to be. None of us are 100% perfect! We all have certain things about us that we want to change (hey I bet even Kate Moss has things she would like to change!)

The best thing to do at the moment is focus on those up and coming GCSE exams. Put in the effort to revise, but also allow yourself some time to rest sufficiently so that you are prepared for your exams. Do not push yourself too hard and don't go over your limitation! You will do well in your exams but you must plan your revision and studying sessions accordingly. Maybe you can ask your sister for her assistance, she could test you or even give you tips on revision.

Finally, do talk to your mother and express how stressed that you feel right now. She has life experience and i'm sure she will be able to advise you and support you. I bet that no matter how you do in your exams she will be proud of you.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

thnk u

Postby babby_shrek » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:31 pm

thnks loads for all ur replies.. u guys rock and just by reading ur comments, uv made me feel more optimistic on my life.
thnks so much XXX
babby_shrek
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby lilessexgal » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:12 pm

im glad you feel better! we are only here to help so if you ever have a problem or just need cheering up you know where to come to! :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:22 am

:D Glad you're feeling abit better! Remember to keep positive and optimistic.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

hi

Postby gothicglitter » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:51 pm

Hi there,
I know how you feel, not so long ago i wanted to try modelling so i emailed and sent letters to every agency i could. I also sent some to teen magazines.
I was only 5,5 unforutnally i only got accepted into 2 model agencys and both you had to pay for *dont ever trust agencys that make u pay* so i decied to give up. About 1 year later i got a letter back from one of the teenage magazines asking me if i would go and model for an artical they were doing on teenagers with body hang ups. After that i still emailed and called around and a website called models.co.uk gave me money to model so they could have a teen section on there website. unfourtently the website has now shut down. but i only wanted a chance to do it. You obviosly want to make a carer out of it. my advice is call every agency send letters to every magazine. and dont give up. Push them all :D
gothicglitter
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby smile » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:39 pm

Hiya,

I've only just noticed this thread so sorry for the delay in replying. If you really want to be a model then you probably need to start a portfolio up. The best thing you can do is to flick through the back of a photography magazine and it will list a load of semi professional photographers trying to make it in the photography business. If you give a few photographers a call and ask if they're willing to do TPF (time for prints). It's like an unknown rule for photographers/models. You basicly give your time for free so that the photographer can get some pictures of you in his/her portfolio and the photographer gives their time for free and gives you some pictures for your portfolio at the end of the day. No-one pays any money to each other but you both end up with a better portfolio.

You can check this link out for more information: http://www.wolfkettler.co.uk/models/compactguide.html

As you're under 18 though you would probably need a parent or guardian to go with you.

Hope that's been of some help and feel free to PM/email me if you want some more information on the photography side of it as I'd be happy to help.

Wishing you the best of luck. :)
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

thanks!

Postby babby_shrek » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:26 am

thnx agen so much u lot, it makes me so happy wen ppl like u lot reply - restored ma faith in human nature lol! XXXXXXXX
babby_shrek
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Under 16s