what can i do...

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

what can i do...

Postby bloody_knife » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:33 pm

Lately ive been gettin closer to my friend, but she always seems to be depressed about something.

She hardly ever talks about how she feels because she feels that everyone will judge her or say that she is being stupid - And a few nights ago she told me that she just really needs someone to be there for her that she can trust and have to just be there.

i feel like a really crappy mate now seeing as i probably couldnt be that person.How do you think i could help her out...? :(
---I will draw you a picture,I will draw it with a twist, I will draw it with a razor - i'll draw it on my wrist...---
bloody_knife
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby nothings_shocking » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:46 pm

Hey,
Welcome to the site :)
I understand where your friend is coming from. It takes some of us a long time to trust people. I wouldn't take it personally as she may just be like this with everyone.
You need to gain her trust.
I can remember when i moved and started a new school, it took me around 18 months to trust one person.
Has she had any bad experience with trusting people previously?
Just be there for her. Maybe you could tell her something and make her feel like you trust her? I think it is a two way thing. You need to show her you can be trusted. It's not she can't trust you, she just needs that extra part of trust.
Just continue being her friend and it could possibly lead to her telling you something.
All she needs is time. Just be her friend. Time will tell.
x x x
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jess1234 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:22 pm

As n_s said just be there for her as she will need a friend. Hopefully she will start to see you as someone she can open up to. If you gain her trust you will be able to help her out. Just be a good friend to her!

xxxxx
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby lilessexgal » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:36 pm

considering what you've said mate it seems like your doing alot already and if she says she just needs someone to be there for her then be there for her its as simple as that. show her that you are there for her to talk to or if she just needs a shoulder to cry on. she will appreciate this from you so much.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby brielle » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:48 pm

your friend has probably had a lot of very hard times in the past, she wont trust anyone right away, she will need to know that you will be there for her when times are good, and when times are bad, that is the most important issue, for her.
She will open up to you and talk about her feelings with you when she fully understands that she is not going to feel trodden on for being open, she probably wants that more than anything else, it must be an awful thought to be in a cage, and you just being there will help her a lot,
:) good luck, and she could become a friend for life!
we will sit upon the rocks,
and see the sheperds feed their flocks
by shallow rivers, to whose falls
melodious birds sing madrigals.
brielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Liquidius » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:17 am

Just be there for her :) Don't push her into talking about anything, but if she does, just be there to listen.

By the sounds of it, you're doing a pretty good job anyway :)
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Under 16s