My mate

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My mate

Postby PurePurple » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:38 pm

Hi,
My mate and her boyfriend have been together for months, and at times her 'bf' threatened her :x . She was thinking about splitting up with him but she doesn't want to, there's something stopping her. Her bf makes her delete pictures, and I keep telling her he shouldnt be doing this to her cos it's her property (Mobile). She has this really sharp necklace and I keep taking it off her cos she tries to cut her wrists :( . She said if it happens again she'll slit her neck. My other mate said I and her will not be her friend if it happens, but if I do that I'll feel so guilty. To be perfectly honest I hate her bf he's so.... I've forgotten the word. He's like a little flea that hangs around he's so annoying.

xxPurplexx
xxxx

edited by all_apologies for text talk
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby luvva » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:41 pm

If your friend is so upset by this that she is threatening to take her own life, why is she still with her boyfriend?

She must know that what he is doing is wrong, and he doesn't sound like a very nice lad, so I don't think she should be with him at all. You should tell your friend how worried you are about her and make sure she knows that she doesn't have to put up with her boyfriend behaving in this way.
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby PurePurple » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:04 pm

Exactly, he isnt a nice lad and i keep trying to tell her not to but she wont. Shes just holding onto something that isnt there. She was so happy with him and now she isnt....I really dont have the slightest what to do.
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby luvva » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:10 am

Well, what can you do?

You've obviously tried to help your friend already and she wont listen. Maybe you need to have another frank talk with her, she must be seriously unhappy if it has got to this level.

If you are still really worried about her, maybe you should tell her parents as they may be able to watch her a bit more and see how she is? I don't know how old you are, but you could possibly mention it to a school/college teacher. (If you are still at school/college)
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Liquidius » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:42 am

You need to remind her what life was like without him. Tell her how strong she can be, and reassure her, and see if she can build up the confidence to leave him. As for self harm, I don't believe in stopping someone doing it if they're just scratching at themselves, and not cutting deeply, because it helps some people. Just watch her, and encourage her to stand up for herself. The worst thing you can do is threaten not to be her friend anymore.
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby PurePurple » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:08 pm

I talked to her today and her bf tells my other mate( Miss X) more than he tells his own gf! Apparently he can 'talk' to my other mate :^o She wont listen to me. Its ridiculous.... [-X He hits her and everything, i said if he hits her again im going to shout at him....Her parents nearly found out on MSN she was cutting herself. She showed me some cuts she did the other day with her necklace. My other mate (Miss W) has had the police round reading her MSN conversations too....But i dont want to stop being her friend either....

P.S I have given names like Miss X to protect identities.
Thanks
xxPurplexx
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Under 16s