bfs parents

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

bfs parents

Postby essex_k » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:50 pm

Right i need advice on how to handle my bfs parents. We're both young gay men and he is still living at home short version is his dads an alcoholic and has serious problems with his son being gay and his mum well she accepts it but doesnt like it. The problem is hes 18 living at home and they dont like him coming out to see me! He constantly argues with them and his dad has even stolen his car keys so he cant see me and followed him so he knows where i live. How do i handle this i've never had to deal with a bf and his parents and i've discovered i've fallen completely in love with him! Help me please!

Edited by silver tree for text talk, please use proper English in the forums
essex_k
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Liquidius » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:54 pm

One of my best friends is gay, and he has the same problem with his parents. To be honest, this really isn't your problem, but if I had to give your other half some advice, it would be to sit his parents down, perhaps with you in the room - and explain gently that the situation isn't going to change, no matter how much they want it to. They are going to have to accept the situation :)
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:09 pm

Like Liquidus said, if you jst get your boyfriend to sit down ith his parents and discuss it all through with them then that might help. How long have his parents knwn about this? My friend is gay and when he had to tell his parents it took them a while to accept it. But he just told them that that was the way he was and that they shouldn't try to change him. Eventually everything sorted itself out and hopefully this should be the case with your boyfriend.

Hope everything works out.
Hello I'm MUNCH and you are?
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lilessexgal » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:47 pm

because you say the mum at least excepts it even though shes against it couldnt you sit down with her and explain to her and then try and persuade her to talk to his dad. obviously your boyfriend should be with you while doing this because they are your parents.

if not then im afraid it will come to the point where the relationship will depend on how much you love each other and at the moment it sounds like its staying strong.

good luck
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Amelia » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:53 pm

Hi there,
Sorry to hear about the terrible situation you are in with your bfs parents but on a lighter note-congratulations on finding love! You are very lucky! I have a Father with drink problems and although i think the other 2 people have given good advice I don't think you are going to get his fathers blessing.
I would agree though that you should BOTH sit down and talk to his parents (try and catch the Father sober) and tell them you are in love and nothing is going to change!
If the situation doesn't improve and your relationship is strong enough-then maybe you can think about getting a place together.
Good Luck! :D
Amelia
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Under 16s