Drugs

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Drugs

Postby gemma_2oo5 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:32 pm

Well I’ve begun to become quite worried about my self as my life seems to have taken a gradual downwards slope, it began when I was 13 and was forced to move out with my mother who is an alcoholic and used to physically abuse me. I moved in with my dad who I hadnt known for a great majority of my life, he lived quite a distance from my mothers and although I kept the same school I made new friends in the area he lives in which is rather a underprivaledged area. After a while I was intoroduced to class c drugs such as cannabis which they smoked on a regular basis usually daily, I began to truant from school and instead spend dinner money on cannabis. I was initially a bright student predicted A-C gcse grades but I missed a lot of school and these dropped. I returned to school the beginning of this year and have began to pick up my grades again for my last year but now I face the problem I have moved on to higher class drugs and take those such as ecstacy on a weekend basis with friends from near where my mother lives. I have also dabbled with other high classs drugs such as speed and cocaine. I also drink on a regular basis usually daily, I feel this Is because I have a bad relationship with my parents and I was recently depressed when a long term boyfriend and me finished. I am now hanging around with trouble makers and have regular occurences with the police and am worrying how to change fromthis lifestyle.
gemma_2oo5
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby all_apologies » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:51 pm

First of all, I think it's commendable that you have seen the error of your ways and want to change. That's the biggest step involved in getting clean - realisation and determination.

A friend of a friend of mine, who was a really intelligent guy with good prospects got involved in class Cs and eventually ended up with a heroin habit. It got to the point where everybody thought there was absolutely no hope for him. However, he started attending Narcotics Anonymous meetings and truly turned his life around. They got him totally clean of the drugs and he now regularly travels round Britain giving talks in schools on their behalf. I'm not saying it's an easy ride and they can rid you of your habit overnight, but if you seek help and stick at it you will succeed.

Organisations like NA see people with similar problems to you all the time, and they know exactly how to help. If you feel that you can't get off the drugs on your own, I think it'd be a good idea to get in contact with them.

Good luck!
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lilessexgal » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:25 pm

hun you've made the first step.....admitting you need help. and of course because youa re willing to do it....you will/should succeed.

there are many people you can talk to about all this such as councillers and if you think you have a drug or alcohol probably there is rehabilitation courses.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Lost... » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:26 pm

I'd say the best thing you can do now is find a new circle of friends, i was in a simular situation as you where by all my best friends were doing drugs and it just wasn't for me atall. So i made new friends :) i know its not that easy but u have to try, the more u surround yourself with people who do bad things the more likely you are to end up in trouble...even if your the only one who is not doing anything wrong! my grandad used to tell me this old saying "if you fly with the crows you get shot with them" i know its sounds really cheesy but its true!! Also i was known as a druggie and i didn't want that image it can be very hard once you get branded as that to make new friends but once you prove yourself as a better person you'll be surprised how many people respond to that...good luck!! let us know how its going
xXx
Lost...
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Under 16s