Feeling low

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Feeling low

Postby N i k k i » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:35 pm

Hey,

I not really sure what is wrong but lately I have been feeling really low. I cannot think of anything though that is getting me down. School is fine, friends are great, family is ok, love life is ok, social life is cool, work is fine so why am I so down all of the time.
I often find myself puposely thinking of things that make me sad, why would I want to bring these sad things up that happened so long ago?
I also listen to loads of slow depressing songs which, some of them I do enjoy but they still get me down.
Please help me to find a way to not be so depressing!
Does anyone else have the same feelings?
N i k k i
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bexical » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:58 pm

Yes i do have the same feelings sometimes and i do the same as you with the songs its a way i can cope with things its like i can relate to the songs i listen to and it helps me to be able cope with things. How old are youif i may ask? teenagers often feel like this i am one with alll our hormones rolling around thats what happens
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby N i k k i » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:29 pm

I'm 16, but it is not just now and then, it has been the last couple of months.
N i k k i
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bexical » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:30 pm

ask any teen i bet they have felt like that! your not alone in it trust me!
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dark_talon » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:46 pm

I think it is normal to be feeling down, sometimes you just feel dissatisfied with things and can't understand why. Perhaps you could talk to a close friend about how you are feeling? It really helps talking to someone who cares about you. Try and put your mind on positive things. I know thats easier said than done, particularly when you are feeling down. But it will help doing things that you enjoy and just generally taking time out for yourself.

Definately have a chat with a close friend. You don't want to be feeling down when your exams are getting closer, now is the time to work on feeling more positive.
dark_talon
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby JennaXXX » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:07 pm

I think we all get like this at times. You should definitely tell a close friend how you are feeling-Its nice to have that support if you need it. Other then that I think you should do the things you enjoy and which make you happy. You should also spend as much time as you can with other people. Dont isolate yourself... other people who care about you can be the best medicine in feeling better about life.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Under 16s