obsessive compulsive disorder!

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

obsessive compulsive disorder!

Postby badge_2k6 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:02 pm

hey!

i have an OCD(obsessive compulsive dissorder) i can't go to sleep unless i know that the curtains are closed perfectly and all the doors in the house are clicked shut :oops: oh! it is annoying but i just can't stop! help does anybody know how to get rid of it? :(

any advice will be appreciated bye xxxxxxxx
badge_2k6
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Angela.1 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:21 pm

I think you would probably need to seek the advice of a professional. If you haven't already been referred by your GP, get down to your surgery and demand that you see someone who can help you, as, I believe, these things get worse without proper help.

There is an underlying problem which you need to address before you can get through this. I think I read somewhere that OCD, is a coping mechanism brought on by a trauma in your life that you haven't dealt with.

Definately seek professional medical advice.
Angela.1
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby badge_2k6 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:31 pm

Does anybody else suffer or has sufferd from this and if so how are they dealing/dealt with it?

luv badge_2k6 xxxx
badge_2k6
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby kitten » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:20 pm

You would be best going to your dr.

From what I know OCD is not something you can get rid of, but there are ways of living with it. A professional would be best suited to help you.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby splodge » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:58 pm

badge_2k6 wrote:Does anybody else suffer or has sufferd from this and if so how are they dealing/dealt with it?

luv badge_2k6 xxxx

I have it, but i dont deal with it. Ive been talking to my friend about the things i do lately (because of my ocd) and i didnt realise how bad it was until i told her. Sorry this isnt much help - i cant really give you advice on what to do because I dont know either but im just letting you know youre not the only one and i know how frustrating it can be.
splodge
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby badge_2k6 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:26 am

hey! Thanks guys! suppose i'll have to go see the GP!
thanks again
luv Badge_2k6 xxxxxxxxx
badge_2k6
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Jess1234 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:41 pm

I had OCD when i was younger. It was about fire.. I used to think that i had to think about fire for 5minutes before i went to sleep or my house would set on fire! I got over it by talking to my friends about it who helped me realise that if i didnt think about fire then my house still wouldn't set on fire. Like the others have said its good to talk to someone about it.
~ Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going, and what will guide your journey ~
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby GurlRock » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:16 pm

I have to flush theb toilet with my foot after I have wwashed my hands and once I have flushed I need to run away or something bad will happen!
POWW
GurlRock
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Angelcake_Angel » Mon May 29, 2006 12:25 am

my sisters boyfriend has OCD, He wont take the wrappings of DVD's, he has stacks and stacks of them in his room but refuses to undo them, my sister helped him.... She unwrapped some of his DVD's and showed him its just a dvd, nothing special even though he sulked for ages he has got better :lol:
Angelcake_Angel
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby lilessexgal » Tue May 30, 2006 6:53 pm

yeah i wouldnt worry too much i mean you can see your GP for professional help but everybody has a small OCD and as for yours, i think yours is a good one when it comes to locking your house because at least you will always feel safe.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby PurePurple » Wed May 31, 2006 2:00 pm

Ive got OCD, I have to make sure my bed is perfect and the curtains are tight shut before I get into bed.
My body is telling me to do it because im used to it, But i ignore it.
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Laurajane » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:08 am

i had a major OCD from the age of 11, so bad it took over my life, i had to do things a even number of ways, it began with having a touch the pavement a certain number or times, or opening and closing things- or putting something in the bin a certain way up and then rechecking it= it was awful and you know what , to this day no one knows the extent of how bad it was, but then again that was 11 years ago and it was not known about as it is now, its not really that i grew out of it, i taught myself eventually that i didnt have to do it nothing was going to happen. I still have it mildly and check things an awful lot but it doesnt control me now i control it- good luck with getting help with it hun
*What do sheep count when they can't sleep?!*
*Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.*
*I've discovered that I often visit the state of confusion, and I know my way around pretty well.*
Laurajane
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Under 16s