Hmmmm.....Life really....

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Hmmmm.....Life really....

Postby gorgieboy » Wed May 24, 2006 10:09 pm

Hi, I'm a new member. I'm 14 from Leeds. I don't really know how to say all this so here goes (sorry if you don't understand any due to rambling and such).

Well last year in year 9, the transition to year 10 went very well, at first. I was an A* student, doing all my homework, all classwork. During year 10 I started to slip, badly. I never did homework, and handed in my first pieces of coursework 2 weeks late. When parents evening came, of course my mum found out about it all. I vowed to myself not to let it happen, that I could get through it all.

After that, I have really, really been trying hard to get it sorted. My mum got worried about me so asked for a progress report to be filled out by all teachers. It came back today, and to sum it all up, it says exactly the same as what it did on parents evening. I have been trying extremely hard to get back on track, but apparently, it has not been enough.

Before all this, I just used to think about life, and get extremely upset over how I could not see a point to it. I am back in that position now, and just as I was then, I am seriously considering ending my life, just from seeing that all my efforts came to nothing. I have once before seriosuly considered it, and I was ready to, but I did not go through with it.

I havn't tried talking to the teachers about it, but my mum doesn't believe me when I say I have been trying hard to get back on track. She thinks I'm lying. I don't know who else to turn to. Please help.

George.
gorgieboy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Liquidius » Thu May 25, 2006 10:18 am

The transition between year 9 and 10 is quite a jump, and I ended up doing a similar thing to you. But I finished year 11 with 11 GCSE's all at A grade.

You'll do fine, just keep trying - it's ok! Start with one thing at a time, for example, getting your CW in on time. And then try and work on the rest. It's a big adjustment, and it does take time, but just be persistant. It's well worth the effort in the end.
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby psycho*jadey » Thu May 25, 2006 3:36 pm

i kinda feel the same way. ive got gcse's right now and for some reason ive lost all motivation. i dunno why. but you have to keep trying. you can do it :D
if i can see it then i can do it. if i believe it theres nothing 2 it.
psycho*jadey
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby aimee47 » Thu May 25, 2006 4:25 pm

yeah i feel the same too.

my coursework is really stating to pile up. i've got sooo much coursework to do in the holidays i don't think i've really getting a break!
aimee47
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby gorgieboy » Thu May 25, 2006 5:42 pm

Thanks for the encouragement guys.
gorgieboy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby PurePurple » Thu May 25, 2006 6:44 pm

Hiya, Im the same age and year etc.
I dont seem to have that much coursework but if it does pile up I tend to get it all done. I always feel im doing badly but the main thing is try to get it dont and try your hardest, Don't rush it because it has to be done at this or that time and you must go out etc.

xxxx
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby JennaXXX » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:42 am

Cant you ask your teachers for extra help? It sounds to me as though you have the intelligence to do well, You just need to use it in the right way.
I know how hard it is to stay motivated but getting good grades will really help you progress. What do you want to go into as a career? Perhaps you have a dream job that you really want to go into. Use that as your motivation to really knuckle down to work.
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Under 16s