What would you do?

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

What would you do?

Postby Lost... » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:37 pm

ok so this one is something i really have no control over, you see one of my best friends dad's has been diagnosed with lung and kidney cancer the doctors were sucessfull in removing the kidney cancer but because of the position of the tumor in his lung they were unable to remove it entirely leaving behind a large portion on his lung which makes things look very unhopefull for him. this is bad news and a terrible circumstance for anyone to have to come to terms with but to make matters worse her aunt who had lived with her most of her life died only a two years ago of a herreditary cancer which is most likely to kill my friends mother aswell and she was only just coming to terms with that. when her aunt died it was too much for her to handle and she began to self harm : cutting herself, overdosing on pills mixing them with vast quatities of alcohol she was only 13 when all of this took place and now at 15 she is coping slightly better but not much, she was putting a brave face on things and i thought that she wasn't self harming atall untill yesterday at a party i noticed what seemed like millions of cuts on her lower arm i don't know what to do i won't let things go back to the way they were she has been through enough and come too far since the death of her aunt please help me!!! i don't know what i can do to make things better any advice will be greatly recieved, please help me before it's too late! :(
Lost...
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Angel_Fairy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:43 pm

Hey,

There is the answers to all the questions on this link:

http://www.selfharm.org.uk/help/helping ... fault.aspa

Browse around this website- it has good advice.

Good Luck , Chrissie xXx

PS I didnt think there were good mates out there left-so well done to you for seeing she had a problem and trying to help. =D>
Angel_Fairy
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby JennaXXX » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:37 am

I agree, well done. There arent many good friends like you around =D> .
I also suggest that you get support for yourself. This is a lot for you to handle on your own. You need to look out for you as well as her. xxxx
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Kurly_K » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:29 am

I agree with the above. just be there if she wants to talk. don't force her to stop self harming and what ever you do, don't take away any of her cutting objects or anything that she can use to harm herself, i don't thnk she would forgive you for it (people did that to me, v unhelpful!!)

You are already being a good friend by caring for her. maybe you could try talking to the school counsellor if you have one on her behalf and see if you can get some advice from her. Just try to talk to her as much as you can and keep her company and try to act as normal as possible.
good luck, hope your friend is ok.
xx
Somebody loves you.
Somebody admires your strength.
Kurly_K
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Under 16s