lonely

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

lonely

Postby aimee47 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:44 pm

I’m sorry if this is long and complicated. Well anyway….

I feel so lonely. I fell out with my best friend over 6 months ago and I think things are still not much better. People kept on telling me it would get better with time and it’s not working. I was waiting for the summer holidays for so long, because I hate school but I just realised its pointless because I’ll have nothing to do anyway.

There is this group of girls who I’m friendly with, but I like them more than they like me if you know want I mean. Well there in the same form and I’m in a different one. So I often get left out. They talk about things which happen at lunch or in there form went I’m not there, and have personal jokes and stuff.

I thought things were going ok and I was becoming more of a member of their group and they were asking me to do more things with them … until last week. My mum really upset me. Well we were having an argument about money; I wanted more money for holiday clothes than she was willing to give me. And then she said “well you don’t need different clothes for everyday because it’s not like you be going out a lot there have hardly called for u in the last 6 months.” So I named sometimes they called for me and something we did and that. And she said “well they just using you, they only call for you when they feel like it or if they go out with they just use you for lifts and to make up the numbers, half the time they don’t even invite you.” I was really upset after this and I realised she was right. Like their only invite me to the cinema on Orange Wednesdays to make an even number because its 2 for the price of 1 if you have a orange phone, if there went on a Saturday they probably wouldn’t bother to invite me. If we to town or stuff half the time I invite my self. Sometimes they only invite me if like one or two of them aren’t going.

I wasn’t really bothered before my mum mentioned it; I suppose I didn’t notice that they were using me as much as they are. And I now I can’t stop thinking about many much they probably all go out with out me, and times I’ve called for them and they weren’t in. I kept on thinking that it will always be ‘me’ and ‘them’ and its really getting me down.

I don’t particularly want to stop being friends with them because I would rather sort of be friends with them, than have no friends at all and stay in all the time, at least if there use me a get to go out other wise I will die of boredom. They have always been nice to me (to my face, but now I’m starting to wonder) and they are really the only people I feel total comfortable around right now (weird?) as nobody else really talks to me, sometimes I feel totally ignored in my form. I don’t know whats wrong with me.

…..Omg, this is such a long rant! Thanks for reading.
xxx
aimee47
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Phoenix » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:03 am

Hi - you wouldn't happen to be Aimee willis, would you..?

Ha, probably not. But it does prove the point that you're not the only one, you are not alone. All teens go through periods of loneliness - try joining some clubs, and see who you meet that way. This group of girls you talk about sound like they don't really care - try and find friends who actively want to spend time with you and not stitch you up, make you feel unwelcome etc. Being a tag along gets old, fast. Or try doing something you really wouldn't ordinarily do - like going to the library at break or something. Who cares if 'only boffins go to the library at break'? You're trying to make friends, right? Don't be too quick to judge people, ever. Hopefully social heirarchy is not an issue for you.

Ok, good luck! :)
Why do we fall? -So we can learn to pick ourselves up again. PM me anytime about anything.
Phoenix
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby brfc » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:20 am

as with pheonix mayb try concentrating on making new friends that dont just want u when they have no one else too go out with. clubs activitys etc are a good way of meeting new friends that have a interest in what u like too. hope it all works out aimee take care brfc xx :D
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby JennaXXX » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:46 am

I know how you feel. Loneliness is a horrible thing. :(
You could try telling your group of friends how you feel or you might decide that you want to move on from them and make new friends. Its the summer holidays now so they may be opportunities for you to meet new people.
I havent really got anymore constructive advice. I understand what its like as I am 20 and still have similar problems where I feel I am more committed to my friends then they are to me. If you read my problem in the friends section you will see what I mean. The advice given there may even help you.All you can do is stay optimistic and use any opportunity you can to get out there and meet new people. xxxx
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby waspie » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:19 pm

It sounds like your mum was being a bit tactless, but hey, everyone says things they regret when theyre angry. Did she apologise for making you upset?

I know its awful feeling alone sweetie but alot of people feel it. I for one have experienced the same sort of thing. But think of all the things you have left in your life. When you leave school these girls probably wont have any place in your mind. You are bound to have many journeys in your life and make many new friends along the way and when you're older with lots of friends and something great to live for, you'll probably think back and laugh to yourself how much those girls dont matter.

good luck darling xx
waspie
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby aimee47 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:50 pm

thank for the replies everyone.

no my mum didn't apologise for upseting me, i don't think she new how upset i was.

i do the duke of edinbough award and i'm in involed with a another club-type-thing, but their both finished for the summer.

i've tryed telling my friends how i feel, but i never really no how to explain it. and if i do then their just say their not leaving me out and name a couple of time i was invited to stuff. i've thought about making new friends but i'm shy really just don't no how too.

i feel so bored i don't no what to do with myself. if the rest of summer holidays is like this i don't no how i will manage.
xxx
aimee47
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Under 16s