i think too much. think.think.think.

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

i think too much. think.think.think.

Postby waspie » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:25 pm

:S
Last edited by waspie on Sun May 13, 2007 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waspie
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby JennaXXX » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:15 am

It sounds like you worry too much about what people think of you. I am the same!
Just try and relax. I know thats easier said then done but you dont need to analyze and observe people to this extent. xxxx
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Laurajane » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:50 pm

you just describe me in a nutshell wow- thats bizarre
*What do sheep count when they can't sleep?!*
*Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.*
*I've discovered that I often visit the state of confusion, and I know my way around pretty well.*
Laurajane
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Sammeh » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:44 pm

This sounds a lot like me at a similar age.

When i was in my teens I used to do the exact same thing - run over conversations in my head analyzing what i said and what i thought I should have said. Especially with boys and anyone i wanted to be friends with. It used to keep me awake sometimes.

For me it went away when i dealt with some of the stuff that was going on for me at the time and became a little more confident. I guess i told myself that it was not so important what other people thought of me, and that they were unlikely to be doing the same thing about me!

I don't know if it would help but when you start to analzye stuff, instead of thinking of things that are possible, think about the "real" stuff; I met this person and I liked this about them for example. I just had to make myself stop these thoughts once I realised I was starting them (my big thing was imaginary conversations with people) and try and think of something else, even if it was something really silly or boring. If it's particularly at night try reading something that interests you so you're too absorbed to think of things.
You say it's gonna happen now...but what exactly do you mean? 'Cos I've already waited too long, and all my hope is gone...
Sammeh
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby xbeanbabyx » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:30 pm

Oh. My. Word! All of these things are exactly the same for me too! Although I never thought about it being a problem...until now! I've said on a different board that I am in love with my english teacher that taught me in year 9 (i am now year 11) and when ever i have a convo with her (which is fornightly on a wednesday for 15mins) I analyse everything like you said! Body language, the way she says things absoloutly everything! I write down afterwards what she said word for word and what she wears and how she feels about other people where she is going at the weekend. I've just realised! I think I'm a stalker :S It's actually really bad...but I don't want to stop. I do it with everyone, but I don't write everything down for everyone else I just remember it. I like being able to predict what everyone is going to say and how everyone will react.

As long as you don't get extreme and start writing it all down like some psycho i think it is fine. I mean if you read that above ^ ^ ^ I'm sure you will find that yours is no where near as bad compared to that lol...unless you do the same ? ? ?

Well i hope this helped, sorry if it hasn't, at least it would give you something to read. :)
xbeanbabyx
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Under 16s