New Years Resolutions

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

New Years Resolutions

Postby Brighter » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:00 pm

Hey.

I know it's a tiny bit premature.
But I was wondering, what's everybody's new years resolutions going to be?

Mine is:
To help at least 5 people on PP everyday.

I'm hoping to make the world a happier place :D

Anyone else got some ideas??

Brighter xx
My heart is yours
Brighter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LME79 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:16 pm

Not premature at all, NYE is on Sunday! :o

Mine:

1) Learn to chill the hell out at work (reeeeally want to do this)
2) Keep up my gym work
3) Drink less
4) Take up an evening class in May
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby brfc » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:42 pm

mine is

1) get job hunting and find a new job
2) enjoy time with my gorgeous g/f and baby to be
3) try too help make people on here a little happier
4) too see if i can find out the answer too a problem ive never solved which is (is there a off button too peecees ice cream machine and does it work? :D
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Liquidius » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:18 pm

I plan to:

1) Drink Less
2) Stop stressing about unnecessary things
3) Stop losing everything! (Keys, Wallet, Phone being the most common)
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby peecee » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:48 pm

I know we've got a thread from last year, but I couldn't be bothered looking for it.

So, my main resolution;

1) stop being so lazy!!! :P

and - brfc; I'll meet you halfway. There IS an off button to my ice cream machine... :wink:

Looks as if most people have the same ambitions, though; get healthier, exercise more, lose weight, cut down on booze (those of us old enough to drink it [-X :wink: ), sort out jobs, get/dump partner.

Keep posting them, we all feel better if we know we're in the same boat.

But has anybody got any unusual NY resolutions...? e.g. *kidnap my neighbour's hamster*, *Save the planet*, you know the sort of thing?
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LME79 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:58 pm

Ooh, I want to be more 'active' to charity instead of chucking change in a bucket (you know, the ones held by those 'wacky' people dressed as freaky giant teddies?). I was thinking a fun run or organising a charity event....does that count, pee? Does it?
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby peecee » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:08 pm

lilmissespana wrote:Ooh, I want to be more 'active' to charity instead of chucking change in a bucket (you know, the ones held by those 'wacky' people dressed as freaky giant teddies?). I was thinking a fun run or organising a charity event....does that count, pee? Does it?

:P :P :P

SURE it does - IF you post piccies of it on here first! I don't want to wait until it appears on the national news - "lme dressed as a vodka-drinking baby being wheeled into Buckingham Palace on a 4-poster bed. Then being wheeled off to the nearest police station..." :D

xxxxxxxxx
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brfc » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:17 pm

wow! thanks peecee i can sleep better tonight. been tossing and turning for weeks wondering if there was a off button on your ice cream machine :D noticed you didnt say weather the button was used. being a betting man id say no. a 24 hour ice cream production at peecees. :D they were even thinking of putting a pic of you on cornettos and changing the ad too (just one cornetto give it too peecee delicsious ice cream never got too italy) :D
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby LME79 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:34 pm

peecee wrote:
lilmissespana wrote:Ooh, I want to be more 'active' to charity instead of chucking change in a bucket (you know, the ones held by those 'wacky' people dressed as freaky giant teddies?). I was thinking a fun run or organising a charity event....does that count, pee? Does it?

:P :P :P

SURE it does - IF you post piccies of it on here first! I don't want to wait until it appears on the national news - "lme dressed as a vodka-drinking baby being wheeled into Buckingham Palace on a 4-poster bed. Then being wheeled off to the nearest police station..." :D

xxxxxxxxx

I actually cannot stand those people dressed as Fireman Sam or Tinky Winky...they make me not want to give to charity. Especially at the train station on the way to work, I'm probably already stressed out with the train delays, am late for work etc and the last thing I need on a Monday morning is some doofus screaming HALLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! whilst shaking a bucket in my face. I know it's for charity but I'd rather do it online.

ANYWAY, another new year's resolution is to pass my driving test.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby brfc » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:52 pm

new years resouloution no 6 is with a few tweaks here and there going too win the lottery with evil edna in 2007 :D see us on tv soon
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby kitten » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:23 pm

Mine is to tone up - I've put on quite a lot of weight (for me) but since all my friends say I look healthier thought I'd just tone up rather than diet!!
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby PurePurple » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:45 pm

Mine are:-

- To shape up!
- Stay at least a year with my bf if not more!
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Moose » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:43 pm

Pee, I know it's not cool to diss other people's resolutions, but you're about the least lazy person I know! Get another resolution, meh! :P

Anyway, I've got two resolutions:

1. I'm going to tell my parents about my sexuality - yes, I really am this time. I've told loads of people I'm going to do it in the new year, and I really am. Putting it on here means I really do have to do it, because I'll be so embarrassed if I have to write in the resolutions for 2008 thread saying I still haven't done it.

2. Take life as it comes. Stop analysing every little thing anyone says or does, and *breathe* RELAX.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Brighter » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:59 pm

oo Moose.
That is a big step.
Are you sure you're ready?

Let us know how it goes

Brighter xx
My heart is yours
Brighter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby peecee » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:18 am

brfc wrote:wow! thanks peecee i can sleep better tonight. been tossing and turning for weeks wondering if there was a off button on your ice cream machine :D noticed you didnt say weather the button was used. being a betting man id say no. a 24 hour ice cream production at peecees. :D they were even thinking of putting a pic of you on cornettos and changing the ad too (just one cornetto give it too peecee delicsious ice cream never got too italy) :D

brfc, have you been overdosing on sugar today??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My new New Year's resolution is to be driving slowly and casually outside your house when you win the Lottery! :P

lme, you'll pass your test next time you take it. See, even Evil Edna agrees. [-X . You need to separate the stress of work from the stress of the nasty examiner (potentially the nicest person on the planet :wink: ), though.

Kitten, you're getting more confident all the time, if you want to get yourself into shape, I know you will do it.

Purple, never mind your boyfriend, get your new PP name! :P

Moose, telling people you're going to do something IS a platform to do it from (stop analysing my grammar!! :P ), but in the end, you're the only one putting pressure on yourself. I think it will turn out better than you expect, I really really hope it does, hun.

Right, I'm off to look for the "off" button on my ice cream machine. :o

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Chit Chat