The funniest thing a customer has ever asked you before!!

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby LME79 » Sun May 06, 2007 11:41 am

I used to temp for Social Security on the switchboard and there were some right nut jobs that used to call. One time all the lines to the advisors went down so the only thing we could do was tell them to try again in a couple of hours. Annoying, but again it was the only thing we could do. The amount of people that swore at me, accusing me of robbing them was quite hilarious. Another woman phoned up saying "i've got three kids, my husband and I don't want to work but we can't survive on what you're giving us, you need to give us more". I nearly laughed her off the phone but I just transferred her to another poor soul. That wound me up loads - get a job, for goodness' sake!!!
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby crazy_in_love » Sun May 06, 2007 5:31 pm

ha ha do they look the same or something??
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Weasley » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:39 pm

Ha! I just had to laugh at these! I used to work as a Deli Assistant in Somerfields and we used to sell individual Baby Bels (the little red cheeses.) One day, a lady came up to the counter and asked me for "5 Baby Bel e*ds" (sorry, didn't want to write it all!) I just looked at her for ages, not beileveing my ears! She stared at me, completely serious and I asked her "Do you not realise what you just asked me for?" she nodded and repeated it. I giggled, she asked me what the problem was, my reply was "You could get arrested for asking for something like that!" Absolutely hirlarious and the best part is she didn't even realise what she said was wrong! Classic comedy moment. Cue fits if laughter in the staff room later that day.
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby *~ Lacey ~* » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:46 pm

haha this thread is soo funny

it's so true, the things are soo small but after hearing them over and over, geeez!

I work in a shoe shop and once this little old lady came in and started mooching around, bless her. I overheard her say to her husband "they shouldn't be allowed to play this music in here" The song was "play that funky music" she thought funky was a different word, i had to laugh.

I've had someone hold up a pink trainer and ask me "are these girls" =D>

The worse thing was when a lady came for some trainer whitener and asked me if it was cream... i said "no it's white"... "yes BUT is it cream".... "no it's white"... "is it a cream though"... "NO IT'S A WHITE!" after a good 5 minutes saying the same thing i realised she wasn't on about the colour, she was on about how it came out, weather it was a liquid, a CREAM, a spray etc. :oops: OOOOPS

Some customers throw fits when we don't have what they want in stock... like they want me to make them a pair with my own hands :roll:
*~* Everyday is a gift... that's why we call it the present *~*
*~ Lacey ~*
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby crazy_in_love » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:46 am

Ha ha this thread is hilarious. keep them coming! Its not just the customers that can be a bit fruity but sometimes your co workers too. I work at powergen and it is a big company, I work in a tiny section of the company called the IT support team, yet i get my colleagues ringing my department asking me about electric meters, bills not being produced and all sorts. I ask them if they know what department they have come through to and they say yes dont you deal with this sort of thing?? Well NO I am IT support not meter support or billing support!! jeez

Also people ring up and say can you ring british gas for me as there number isnt free like yours!!! ha what a joke.
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby *~ Lacey ~* » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:09 pm

lolol crazy_in_love
*~* Everyday is a gift... that's why we call it the present *~*
*~ Lacey ~*
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby disturbed_mind » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:54 pm

hahahahahaha some people really do drive you up the wall.

i work in a little computer shop. just out the way of everything not the best thing in the world but it does me alright.so anyway ive had loads of people coming in and telling me to upgrade their computer.

ME"ok then whats it going to be used mainly for"

THEM" it doesnt matter just upgrade it" as they walk out the front door.

so normally i just make it a little better and use the game oblivion as a benchmark. if it runs it its ok. fair enough you might think but apparently not.i had someone come back 5 times saying its still too slow.(it runs one of the most powerhungry games out at the moment what more do you want!!!!??!?!)

so anyway everytime i upgraded it a bit more. and still he came back. so i lost my cool.not to his face though. more to his wallet. i upgraded it with over £4,000 of gear and gave it back to him. so when it came time to pay up he refused to pay for it. i said its either this or what it was before. so he started shouting and screaming saying that he was going to call trading standards about me. i then said he didnt leave adequate instructions or a budget to work to and i had evidence to prove it.(cctv). he then shut up and said i could keep the computer,that he hadnt heard such insolence in his life and that from now on he'd be taking his business to a faceless chain.he didnt actually say faceless chain but he did say pc world. :lol:

so anyway people may drive you up the wall but at least you can mess with their heads.
Nothing worth having comes easily
disturbed_mind
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby crazy_in_love » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:39 pm

ha ha thats made my day. Its like at powergen we aask people to read their own meter if they can so that we dnt have to guess what they have used. The never do so we estimate the bill, and they ring us up ranting about how we are thiefs and we are taking their money. I asked one customer if they could just quickly go and read the meter for me, I re-billed the account and it bumped the bill up to over £1000, hilarious. They had to pay because they knew the reading was right as they had just given it to me. sometimes its best to shut up!
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Lol Funny things at work!!

Postby ButterflyAway » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:36 pm

Hey Guys.....
I work for a store.. i wont say which one il give you the idea of like somerfield/asda/tesco etc and im a cashier but also work in every department sometimes...Okie well here are a few time's when either guys are being inappropriate, people have asked stupid qns etc...

1: I was serving this gross pervy guy once and i noticed he had alot of fruit and veg and he started rabbiting on about being healthy... and i was like ''Ah well looks like your going for the good option with all that fruit and veg''.... and he said ''yeah well you havent got something i wanted ..but you clearly have them to yourself''
In a confuesed state i said '' excuse me'' and he replied '' yes i wanted to big melons but clearly you brought them for yourself' :o ( staring at my chest)
and i admit i do have big boobs BUT OMG HIS comment!!

[-X i ran his shopping through the till faster than you could say CASHBACK!!
lol

2: This is 100% real..

*Nasty freeak: Excuse me can i ask something random, are THEY (looking at my boobs) .. real??
Me: oh wot excuse me?? erm... hmm .. :o .
him: woow amazing!!
me: * stary look*

WHO ASK'S THT!!

3: lady on phone: '' Hiya i was just wondering if your open today??'' #-o
Me: Yes we are...as usual.....

LOL Otherwise no1 wud be picking up the fone!! dur and it was open like every...other...day lol

4: ( a guy comes up to me whilst i was walking to my till...he was normal, nothing atall wrong with him,... i noticed him staring at me previous so i tried avoiding lol but ..)

Guy: Hiya excuse me..
me: Yeah?
Guy: Do you have any toilets? :-?
( he asks that when we r standing outside the toilets)
Me: Erm yes....ur infront of them....
Guy : Oh yea...erm but what if the mens toilets r locked?
Me: they wont and shouldnt be locked... but if thats the case...the disabled toilets are open....
Guy: Ok thank you...so....erm..
( i run away lol before a sentence can start)

5: I was working on the lottery kiosk...

''Excuse me..do you sell the lottery here''?
Me: Yes
Lady: Oh good (walks off )

Nah i didnt fink the BIG SIGN SAYING LOTTERY WAS MUCH OF A GIVE AWAY EITHER??

LOL jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

6: On a till again:

Me: And can you put your pin in pls..
Man: Well id rather do it if it includes putting your numbers on paper for me....
Me: OHHH welll sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrry but i dont have a pen...AND i dont remember my number sorry....
BYE
lol

ahh i have soo many funny stories... ISWEAR at work all these fings happen to me....SOO funny but soo annoyying...

Keep me posted with more funny ones. xxxxx
ButterflyAway
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby kathy6 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:37 pm

Weasley wrote:Ha! I just had to laugh at these! I used to work as a Deli Assistant in Somerfields and we used to sell individual Baby Bels (the little red cheeses.) One day, a lady came up to the counter and asked me for "5 Baby Bel e*ds" (sorry, didn't want to write it all!) I just looked at her for ages, not beileveing my ears! She stared at me, completely serious and I asked her "Do you not realise what you just asked me for?" she nodded and repeated it. I giggled, she asked me what the problem was, my reply was "You could get arrested for asking for something like that!" Absolutely hirlarious and the best part is she didn't even realise what she said was wrong! Classic comedy moment. Cue fits if laughter in the staff room later that day.

I don't get it whats e*ds? !
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to
kathy6
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby kathy6 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:42 pm

haha this is a serious blonde moment on my part, I was working in a restaurant and got a phone call off a guy, he asked "why are your breasts so big?" thinking he was talking about the chicken breast i said "no there not big they are medium!" he went silent so i said wait and ill ask the manager! so off i went and asked the manager who agreed that they are not that big, went back and said to the guy "no the manager agrees with me, they are not that big" hahahaha your man was like uh ok!
Only found out after what he meant because apparently he had been giving dirty calls to everyone for ages. :oops:
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to
kathy6
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby brfc » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:43 am

someone came into the supermarket were i work yesterday and said can i change this bagguete the tops open. i said ok and they walked out with another 1 with the top open ???? :D
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby crazy_in_love » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:00 am

Ha I was about to ask, arent all the tops open??? I bet that wasnt the real reason I bet they dropped it but didnt want to admit it lol.
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Weasley » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:37 am

Irishlass - e*ds is actually ends but I didn't want to write it all out! I know, it's disgraceful and the fact that she didn't realise what she asked for was even worse! I had to choke back my shock!
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby kathy6 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:16 pm

sorry im a bit ditzy what are baby bel ends? isn't baby bel cheese? !
kathy6
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat