The funniest thing a customer has ever asked you before!!

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby captainf » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:24 am

Bumblebee747 wrote:Someone asked for the vegetarian options the other day (I work in a bakery, we sell rolls + pasties etc) I said we had cheese + brocoli, she said 'oh i cant have brocoli, im a vegetarian' :-?

lmao! Did she get mixed up with cheese? Because some vegetarian's dont eat cheese.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby innocent » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:42 am

i work in river island and a butch man carried a pink dress into the fitting room, he could tell i was confused he said, 'if it fits me it'l fit the wife'
:-?
innocent
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Weasley » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:13 pm

The mind boggles...
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby brfc » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:36 am

a little boy come into somerfield and started looking at the flower stand. after a few minutes he came up too me he said my mum asked me too get some self raisin flowers but i cant see any. i couldnt stop laughing poor thing. :D
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saramidnite » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:41 pm

i work in waitrose,

i feel i seam to get all the werid ones,
i cant repeat some of the things people ask me.

i had a man ask me if it really is posable for men to get pregant.
he went in to boots before shoping in waitrose and was telling me he was buying pain killers,
the lady apprantly asked him lots of questions due to his age before she could sell the ones he wanted to buy and she asked him if he was pregant.

i pointed out women have the babies but he told me he is now conviced he can get pregant.
due to the lovely lady in boots.
saramidnite
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby sarahloub84 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:23 pm

I used to work in a pound shop when I was in school, the name of the shop gives the general jist of things in store yeah? Well apparently not if your over 60. I had a constant stream of old people holding up horrible tacky items up at me, such as cat shaped tea pots, saying "scuse me love, how much is this?"

"A GOD DAMN POUND WOMAN!!!!!"

I left that job rather sharpish....

He he
sarahloub84
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby missyx » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:03 pm

I've had loads of funny ones, particularly when I worked in a bookshop:

Whilst wheeling a huge full stock trolley out the stockroom - "Excuse me, do you work here?" (So tempted to say "no, I'm just a confident shoplifter").
"Have you got a book on hongy-fuwy?" - He meant fung shui.
"My daughter needs a book to help her with her English - it's called something like dinosaurs..." - He meant a thesaurus!
"Are all the middle shelves a pound?" - Huhh?!
"Do you sell beer?" - Strangely enough, no - we are a BOOKshop. In his defence, he was very drunk.

Missy
x
missyx
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby moving2spain » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:43 pm

i worked for smith knight fay volkswagen and a customer who had had his car in for service rang up when most people had gone home (i was on reception till 8 ) he was adamant that someone was supposed to ring him when his car was ready but all the service advisers had gone home so nobody could speak to him and help, he got really angry asking to speak to the manager and there was nothing we could do, he was insulting and very rude but in the end let me take a message for the next day i asked him for his model and reg of his car and he told me it was an A3. at this point i realised he had rang the wrong smith knight fay and was meant to be ringing audi!
moving2spain
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby moving2spain » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:52 pm

this isnt a customer story but being a mother of twins you usually get your fair share of stupid comments!
them- are they twins? me- yes thats why they are the same size and in the same pram with a knackered looking mother pushing it!
them- are they identicle? me- no one is a boy and one is a girl them - well apart from that bit are they identicle me- no one is a boy one is a girl , identicle means identicle genes and everything! them - well they look identicle me - no they look similar because they are brother and sister.
them- i dont envy you. me - i dont envy you either you overweight skanky chav!
them- are they boys. me- no the one in pink is a girl!
moving2spain
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby HappyGoLucky » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:45 am

moving2spain wrote:this isnt a customer story but being a mother of twins you usually get your fair share of stupid comments!
them- are they twins? me- yes thats why they are the same size and in the same pram with a knackered looking mother pushing it!
them- are they identicle? me- no one is a boy and one is a girl them - well apart from that bit are they identicle me- no one is a boy one is a girl , identicle means identicle genes and everything! them - well they look identicle me - no they look similar because they are brother and sister.
them- i dont envy you. me - i dont envy you either you overweight skanky chav!
them- are they boys. me- no the one in pink is a girl!

Hehe, guess you just can't get enough of silly comments! :lol:
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby LemonJuice87 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:29 am

I work in a Pub. So you can imagine.

I once got asked if the red wine was chilled, and if not could i put some ice in it. I didnt though, i put the ice in a seperate glass. I didnt want to be the cause of ruining thier wine lol.

The most strangest customer I've ever had was the other day.

Me - Hi, what can i get you?
Him - Are you open?
Me - Errrm :-? Yes
Him - Ok thanks

Then he just stood there staring at me :| I asked him what he would like to drink, and he replied "a menu and a pen" :|

I refused to serve him after that lol. I made my friend do it lol.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Weasley » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:17 pm

I now lease cars for a living and I had a very interesting customer on the phone last Friday:

Him: "Do you lease cars for 6 months?"
Me: "No, we can do 12 but it's very unlikely with this vehicle."
Him: "So you can't do 6 months?"
Me: "No, I'm afraid not."
Him: "You see, I only want the car for 6 months, because then after 6 months it would be old."
Me: "We don't do 6 months. You might be able to hire one on a monthly basis, but we don't do it."
Him: "Okay, okay. Can you do 3 months?"
Me: (getting quite annoyed at this point.) "We don't do 3 months. The shortese time we do is 12 months and not on this vehicle.
Him: "I don't want 12 months!"
Me: "I know."
Him: "I can't understand you, do lease for 18 months?"
Me: "Yes, 18 months we can do." (finally getting somewhere!)
(Pause)
Him: "I want 3 lots of 6 months they. 3 x 3. Do you understand?"
Me: (getting even more annoyed) "No, I don't understand. I'm telling you you can't have 6 months. 18 months is fine, that is 1 contract, not 3. Even then you would still have an 18 month contract."

After a while I get him to kind of understand and talk him into an 18 month contract. He asks me where I'm from as he can't understand me, I tell him, he grunts in dissapproval. I tell him angrily what colours he can have and confirm details. At the end I say "So to confirm, Volkswagen Golf 2.0 TDi GT Sport in metallic black for 18 months?" He goes "No 6 months." I put the phone down.
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby captainf » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:26 pm

haha.. that sounds like the kinda prank you'd hear on fonejacker..
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:32 pm

I've once had a customer ask me "if I buy this one, do I get this one free" - it was a buy one get one free offer...I looked at her for more than was sanely possible to realise she was actually being serious. Normally I would have given a stupid answer and walking away but she was so serious I had to walk away!
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:33 pm

When I worked in a tropical fish shop I once had a guy ring up and ask me "What knickers are you wearing?" :o

Don't know if that counts as a customer query, because it wasn't exactly related to what we were selling . . .
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat