Valentines day

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Valentines day

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:54 pm

whoopsie wrote:
Bel Bel wrote:my daughters b/f is taking her away for the night so i will be having loud sex - woo hoo =P~

Haha!! Good plan!!

Good plan for who? Bel-Bel or Bel-Bels daughter? :-"
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:00 pm

well i think it will be beneficial to us both :D
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Liquidius » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:55 pm

LOL. :lol:
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby spacegirl » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:03 pm

it's lucky for some belbel!! i'll be in paris, the most romantic city in the world.... with no date boohoo!:(:(

i'll probably be listening to loud sex actually! walls are paper thin in my apartment building, as are ceilings and floors, and an apartment building full of amourous frenchies.... hm. might go out.
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby mariamaria » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:22 am

It is the first Valentine's Day I have had where I am not single in about... four years? I love Valentine's Day. I think it's a lovely day to spend with your spouse/loved one...

HOWEVER

My boyfriend said he doesn't believe in Valentine's Day, that it's just another Hallmark holiday for him... So I'm really gutted. Looks like I'll be on my own on Valentine's Day, scoffing chocolates (despite the fact I'm dieting) and probably watch a soppy film or something.

I hope you guys have a good one. :D
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:36 am

mariamaria I'm with your boyfriend on this. I don't agree with the whole valentines thing; the idea is fantastic. I think valentines day is for recieving "secret" cards from "secret admirers". I think it looses it's appeal when your have a partner, you give them a card and presents that you've spend money on to say "I love you" when you could open your mouth say the words and spend time together doing something nice.

I'd rather have a card and a small pressie and spend the day doing something nice than have a really expensive present and not have a nice day. Last valentines day I was at work in Aberdeen that day; so it meant a 5am start from home and a 9.30pm return home. So I didn't see my bf that day at all; I did however have a meal in a pub with my boss lol!

Two people my mam works with had the best idea a few years ago; both were skint - I think they got a small present for each other then went to the coast and had a nice day out there and finished it off with fish and chips lol. I love the idea; simple yet fun :)
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby mariamaria » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:06 am

I think I went wrong somewhere lol. What I meant to say was that I would love to spend the day with him. Just because it's what matters to me. I've been there on his birthday and every month on our anniversary date (we've only been going out for seven months, so we celebrate monthly anniversaries until we hit the one year milestone). It would just mean something to spend the day with him and give him a card and a little present... I know he loves chocolate. I could maybe bribe him and say that if he doesn't do Valentine's Day, that he won't be getting any chocolates off me lol.

All jokes aside, he's a really lovely bloke and the first bloke to actually treat me like a human being instead of a doormat. I shouldn't really complain.
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby whoopsie » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:56 am

I was woken up at 7:45 this morning by the postman who was delivering the most beautiful bunch of pink and red tulips for me from my boyfriend. We're leaving for the zoo in a bit too! This is the best valentines day ever!! :D
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby snail » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:11 pm

Wonderful, Whoopsie. Hope you have a lovely day, zoos are great. 8)
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sarahmienwok » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:09 am

Aw that's lovely Whoopsie. I hope your all having a lovely VDay, you'll all be snuggled up with your loved ones as I'm writing this!

We don't make a big deal out of Valentines Day because it's our anniversary in a few weeks. But yesterday we went to a random island and saw the most colourful temple ever, went inside some caves which had thousands of buddha statues in the cave walls, and then went to an Italian marble garden. Then we had a lovely meal at one of our favourite restaurants, a few drinks and snuggled up to 'The Rock'....hmmm, the last bit isn't so romantic is it... :o

Was a good day though. What did everyone else get up to?
sarahmienwok
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Pigglet » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:18 pm

I got a home made valentine card off my little brother and a little gift off one of my facebook friends! lol

Bless em, it made my day! :lol:
Just remember, nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. :D x
Pigglet
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LME79 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:51 pm

We exchanged cards and cooked a three course meal. Embarrassingly I totally misread his behaviour the past week (I thought he was acting quite strangely) and I thought I was going to get a proposal, even though a proposal on Valentine's Day would be quite cheesy. Anyway, I didn't, so ... yeah. Still had a nice meal, pity I was upset afterwards. I should never build situations up in my head, it's so bad for me.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby whoopsie » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:17 pm

Valentines weekend is over. His daughter had a runny nose so had to come back. She couldn't go to her mums could she?? So our first valentines and weekend together (in 9 months) is, in my opinion, ruined.
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby rufio89 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:24 am

alentines weekend is over. His daughter had a runny nose so had to come back. She couldn't go to her mums could she?? So our first valentines and weekend together (in 9 months) is, in my opinion, ruined.

I know it must be hard being a Step-Mum figure Whoopsie, but you do have to understand that his daughter HAS to be his priority. I'm not saying that it's easy, it must be an awful situation to be in, but you've got plenty of years to have nice valentines days together, and it'll be your anniversary in a few months, which is better, because it's your OWN special day, and didnt you say you were going away somewhere for your 9 month anniversary?

I had SUCH a lovely weekend, he's really stepped up in his behaviour. I stayed at his house on Friday night, he was supposed to be playing golf on saturday, but he called up in the morning and cancelled (he NEVER does that, golf is priority), and we went into town to get some stuff for a fancy dress thing he's going to, then we went to this nice little cafe and he bought me breakfast, and then we wandered round a bit more, and he let me drag him into womens clothes shops while I tryed stuff on. (I was getting exhausted though, we were in town for HOURS), then we stopped in at my house for an hour or so so I could change and shower, and dump my stuff, do washing etc, then we went back to his house and watched a film and opened a bottle of wine and watched TV until about 8, then I went upstairs and got ready (we dont have much money, so we stayed in for valentines, but I said I wanted it to still be like a date), and when I got downstairs he'd got himself all nice as well, and he just couldnt keep his hands or eyes off me and kept saying how beautiful I looked :) and then he cooked dinner for us, and we had a bottle of champagne and some of those chocolate puddings from marks and spencer that were on the advert (highlyyyyy recommended).
Then yesterday we got up and went to see his sister for a bit (I love going to his sisters house, she's got a 9 month old baby), then we went to my Mums for a bit, then dropped in at 2 of his friends house (they've just announced that she's pregnant :) ) and then we went home and chilled out and watched Lost :)
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:54 am

Glad you had a good weekend Ruth especially after everything that's been going on.

I got flowers - I got a general assortment bunch and a bunch of red roses :). Although I technically got them on Friday - I was given them; told "not to look at them but to take care of them until Saturday" I was offically given them on Sunday though haha. We didn't so much on Saturday - it was too cold with all the snow so we went to a car boot sale (he likes them), went for a drive along the coast to get some fish and chips :), called into a couple of shops on the way home, then snuggled plus I got lots of attention so it was good.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat