Holidays

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Holidays

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:36 am

Has anyone got any holidays booked or is anyone planning any exciting trips away anywhere?
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: Holidays

Postby rufio89 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:38 am

Travelling :D but not for like 2 years :(
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Weasley » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:37 pm

I am going home over easter on April 13th for 10 days, I guess that's not really a holiday although me and my cousins are going to fly to Vegas for 3 days, then we are driving to the coast (stopping off at the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam.) Really looking forward to it! :D
It will probably be the only time I get to go this year until my usual vacation at Christmas... :cry:
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:07 pm

I am going to Turkey in May
I booked one of those sun 9.95 holidays just to get a cheap get away in September but looks like I will have to send hubby with a friend as it' s my sisters 30th so we are going to barcelona for the weekend instead - fab
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:14 pm

I went to Turkey a few years ago. the men were very handsy. One of them still talks to me and asks me to come and live with him lol.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:18 pm

i went with a friend about 10 years ago and found the same thing but when you are with a man they don't waste there time and tend to go after the singles
I am going with hubby so hopefully should be ok, if not hubby may end up in a turkish jail :lol:

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:36 pm

hahah. Well if he ends up in jail you can have lots of fun with the friendly turkish men. some of them were very handsome I thought! But I would still rather they would have kept their hands to themself a little more.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Weasley » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:34 pm

I went to Turkey in 2006 to Marmaris and found a lot of the men quite sleazy! Handsome but sleazy!
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:38 pm

thats where i went 10 years ago
i have been told where we are going is not as bad becasue there are less people generally

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby captainf » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:46 pm

Weasley wrote:I went to Turkey in 2006 to Marmaris and found a lot of the men quite sleazy! Handsome but sleazy!

Thats true about them being sleazy! Back when I was in my mid teens a friend of mine went on holiday to turkey. She was 15. During those 2 weeks a guy offered her mum a camel in exchange for her daughter, and a barman who was 23 asked her to marry him too.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Weasley wrote:I am going home over easter on April 13th for 10 days, I guess that's not really a holiday although me and my cousins are going to fly to Vegas for 3 days, then we are driving to the coast (stopping off at the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam.) Really looking forward to it! :D
It will probably be the only time I get to go this year until my usual vacation at Christmas... :cry:

I am quite jealous of that! Is there room for a small dipsy in your suitcase? Whilst it may not "technically" be a holiday it still is.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:13 pm

I've never been to Turkey. My dad would never let us go when I was little for the sleazy men reason.

I have been to Tunisia twice and neither times I got bothered; we did however I just walked away from them. Everyone said you'll have loads of trouble but we didn't - first time I went with my friend when I was 19 and she was 20. It is also the reason my dad would not go to Tunisia either.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Weasley » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:25 pm

Of course! I'm sure I can make a space just for you Dipsy!
I did think the men in Turkey were sleazy - a lot of them would just come and sit with us in the bars and try and charm us! It was sooo sleazy and cheesy at times I thought I would be a little bit sick in my mouth! I'm just glad I am not blonde otherwize I might have had it twice as bad!
Turkey has to be the only place I have had this though. In Spain they were very friendly and I thought the German men were the most friendliest men I have met. Canadians are also very friendly but I find French men kind of arrogant? But then again there are arrogant and sleazy men where ever you go, I guess you can't tar them all with the same brush. I know some REAL sleazy American's...!!
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby rufio89 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:44 pm

I didnt get any sleaze in Tunisia, but I did get a lot of dirty looks from the men. Probably because I was an unmarried girl on holiday with a man! Shock horror!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:53 pm

I had mean swearing at me in tunisia
same reasons as you ruth, unmarried

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate