13 year old dad

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

13 year old dad

Postby Lust » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:39 pm

Dont think anyone else has posted about this yet. Just wondering everyones views on the latest teenage pregnancy with Alfie Patten...
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: 13 year old dad

Postby LME79 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:40 pm

I hate to sound all Daily Mail but ... where on earth were the parents? There are so many people blaming sex education in schools but seriously, if sex education were that bad then most 13 year old girls would be pregnant at the moment. I don't like the way that parents seem to be almost absolved of responsibility these days .. I'm not a fan of government per se, but it's too easy to blame them for everything.

There are now about 4 boys in the public eye regarding the paternity ... I hope it all works out, for the baby's sake - you can bet your bottom dollar some of them are coming forward in the hope of a large payout from The Sun.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby captainf » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:14 am

Yeah I also wonder where the parents are in all this.
I dont understand when it always gets blamed on sex education. Is it hard to understand that having sex is what creates a baby? I mean, how many lessons do kids need to understand that?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:11 am

Well did you see that new thing where more people have come forward and said they're the dad? They're like 15 and 16, so while that's still FAR too young, it's not AS bad.

I think it's AWFUL if Alfie is the Dad, I agree with you too, where were the parents?? I know you cant watch your kids 24 hours a day but she's been having sex with multiple partners. Alfie is 4 ft tall, he's not had his teen growth spurt yet, his voice hasnt broken, (im suprised he is physically capable of fathering a child). He's nothing more than a kid himself, and now he's got this huge responsibility and he cant possibly have any comprehension of the impact it will have on his life. When his kid is his age, he'll only be 26, and even that's younger than most men start to think about having kids
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby kerrie24 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:46 am

I was totally gobsmacked when i saw it on the front page, because he didnt even look 13! More like 9/10ish.I did question whether he was the only one who could of been the dad, and if it was physically possible at his age and size.I just hope they both have good parents who will help out, because its not the childs fault how young her parents are she deserves a good upbringing.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:38 am

I also heard about the other lads coming forward to say they could be the dad, one of which was 14 - I was saying to the guy I sit with at work (he's 24) that if it was me thinking I may be the dad at 14 I think I'd be keeping my mouth shut and he agreed.

Wouldn't it be ironic if their daughter had a kid at 14ish...grandad at 27. Imagine being chatted up by him in a pub "so what do you do?" Alfie: "I err baby sit my grandchild; I'm 27 by the way".

The government is not to blame for it - in their defence I only had a rubbish sex education when I was 13-14. I changed schools just before 14 and never recieved any at my new school. However if either of their parents knew they'd had a boyfriend/girlfriend you think they'd have sat them down and explained stuff to them - you can get freebies from family planning clincs for gods sake. I read yesterday "it was common for boys to stay over in bed with the mother".
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:27 am

It's difficult to know how much of it all is true, though. I mean, I just can't believe the girl's parents regularly let boys stay in her bed with her. Given that she was 15, it's perfectly obvious that a pregnancy would result. No parent would willingly do that, even if they weren't very good parents.

It's a shame the poor baby hasn't been put up for adoption - imagine being born into this environment, with possibly no responsible adults on the scene, and people declaring themselves your father in order to obtain money from the newspapers.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:18 pm

it definately not up to the government although i agree with sex ed in schools becasue ther are so many pathethic parents.
however you can apply for your child to opt out, usually strict religous people do this in my experience.
parents have the ultimate responsibility it's your child, you bought them into the world so you should bring them up with morals and standards
unfortunatley most young girls who get pregnant have parents who not only don't care about morals and standards themselves they are obviously laking some kind of love/affection toward the child if she/he feels the need to be having sex at such a young age with so many boys. It's obviously an attention thing, a need to feel loved by someone but they just don't have the perception to realise having sex will not make somneone love you
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:02 pm

I'd actually believe the comment about regularly letting boys sleep in her bed with her - I went to an inner city comprehensive school in a quite deprived area - it's nothing new to most of the people I went to school with to be honest.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:17 pm

I believe it too - when I was 14/15 I used to stay at my boyfriends house - my Mum knew his mum (a little) and thought I was staying in the spare room, but actually I used to stay in his bedroom and his mum never said a word about it.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Weasley » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:22 pm

I don't mean to sound prude but I don't even think I would know how to make a baby at 13! We didn't have sex eduation until quite late on at my school.
You would think 13 year old boys would be out playing in the street etc, not getting girls knocked up! What happened to a young innocent childhood? I don't think all the sex in the media helps either...every where you look there is a half naked woman of some sort. Kids are just growing up too fast!
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Weasley wrote:I don't mean to sound prude but I don't even think I would know how to make a baby at 13!

Me neither!
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:24 pm

I knew the mechanics i think, but it was still something mummys and daddys did when they loved each other very much.

But I changed a LOT between 13 and 14, more than I like to think, and more than I'm happy about in retrospect, I was FAR too young to be a sexual relationship, and i think it HAS been slightly damaging to me emotionally, and that's without any of the added pressure or responsibility of getting pregnant or having a baby.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby spacegirl » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:33 pm

weasley, me neither to be honest!! sex ed in schools really depends on the school. i went to a strict catholic grammar, run by nuns and priests (not that i'm religious, nor are my family, it was just a good school) and we didnt receive sex ed until we were 15! we learned the basics of how to make a baby in 1 science class in 1st year (because it's on the curriculum) but nothing else til we were 15. i'm pretty sure most of the year were sexually active by then. even when we did receive sex ed it went something like this: "don't have sex, you will get aids and die, and then you will go to hell".

in that case it's really up to the parents. parents can't assume it's being taken care of in the schools and it's ultimately their responsibility to make sure their kids know exactly what they're getting themselves in for if they choose to have sex, and how to protect themselves. I know a girl who's 28 with a 15 year old daughter, needless to say the father's nowhere to be seen, as he too was a child when the kid was born.

when i have kids, i will definitely be sitting them down at a very early age. parents need to take more resposibility for this kind of thing.
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:04 am

I'd like to add onto Spacegirls post about the parents explaining things. My parents never sat me down and explained things. When I was 21 or 22 my dad did say "if he's the one I'd get down the doctors and get the pill" - THAT is the extent of it from my parents.

Needless to say I was smart enough to know what to do or not do myself thankfully.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Next

Return to Chit Chat