10 things about you

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: 10 things about you

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:59 pm

hehe I'll probably get told off for going off topic but it's one post...I promise.

I bet mental health nursing will be really interesting. I wish I knew these courses existed when I went to uni.

fffftiger wrote:8. I'm pretty sure I own the coolest slippers ever (furry leopard print boot ones)

I have to disagree there, I have huge reindeer ones with antlers and all...on each of the antlers there are 6 jingly bells...they are the best; although I've had them so long because the jingling gets annoying after a while and I switch to 'sensible' slippers.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby fffftiger » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:44 pm

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:
fffftiger wrote:8. I'm pretty sure I own the coolest slippers ever (furry leopard print boot ones)

I have to disagree there, I have huge reindeer ones with antlers and all...on each of the antlers there are 6 jingly bells...they are the best; although I've had them so long because the jingling gets annoying after a while and I switch to 'sensible' slippers.

no one owns cooler slippers than me. only ones that are equally cool. and yours sound equally cool (especially when it's not christmas)
fffftiger
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby captainf » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:33 am

When you say you love talking about yourself, do you mean in general or an egotistical way?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby everloney » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:21 am

This is a nice thread and i thought i would post something too, to cheer myself up.

1) I'm 25 (as of march) born and bred in somerset. Studied marine biology and then did a PhD in portsmouth, lived there for 6 years and made some of the best friends in my life.

2) I'm currently living in California working at my first postdoc. Its a scarey phase in my life and one of the scariest things I've done but i believe in no regrets so it had to be done. I have made some very nice friends and work on limb regeneration, which I'm very passionate about.

3) My friends from portsmouth call me oohh arrr..... hehe

4) From jan-march 09 i went traveling with some friends, we went to the US, NZ, Oz and thailand. I had the best time of my life and even though it cost me all of my savings it was worth it.
5) I'm not sure if i believe in god, I feel I'm more wiccan than any other religion but no longer practice. I think about getting back into it.

6) god or no god, i wish to live a moral life and be a good person, even if it makes me a marter.

7) I'm dyslexic!

8) I'm to trusting and open my heart too easily. This means more pain, but maybe it means more love too :)

9) if I start something i finish it, I start a course, book, film, relationship or anything. I keep trying. It takes me a long time to say ok its not worth it. Why i find letting relationships go difficult. I feel the need to make it work, so I'm not a failure i guess....

10) I LOVE muffins :)
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:56 am

Ooh aarr.. haha Reminds me of the combine harvester song :P
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:16 am

everloney wrote:work on limb regeneration, which I'm very passionate about.

For people? I did prosthetics whilst I was at uni - I half wish I'd gone into it now.

captainf wrote:Ooh aarr.. haha Reminds me of the combine harvester song :P

One of my friends is a "farm girl" and at our uni christmas party she said "i'm NOT geting up to dance until the combine harvester song comes on" - since I organised it. We arranged for the first song to the the Combine Harvester song...dedicated to my friend hahahaha. =D>
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:45 pm

hahahaha.. I remember when I lived in Cornwall me and my cousin walked down the street singing it a few times. :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby everloney » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:47 pm

Yep hopefully one day for people, its a very exciting topic! as for the combine harvester song, it was very popular when i was drunk with my friends.... :)
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:54 pm

I can imagine. Its a valued song down in the westcountry.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby candychick16 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:47 pm

Ok a late post but better than never :D

1. I am 28 and I was born and raised and am still living in Cork!
2. I am QA analyst for software products, but what I would really like to do is work in a job that makes a difference, like nursing.
3. I have 2 black belts in karate, but cant raise my leg above my head now as I gave it up
4. I love snowboarding and fractured my tailbone while doing it 8-[
5. My favourite indulgence is to eat liquorice allsorts in bed while watching a DVD. And I hate to share them :lol:
6. Travelling is my addiction, I lived in NZ for 3 years, Oz for one and my favourite country is the States. Am going to London for xmas too
7. Asparagus scares me
8. I am a total Trekkie
9. I'd rather watch a soccer match than anything else on TV (LFC fan 8) )
10. I have a fear of singing in public, and wont even hum a tune in the car if my boyfriend is there. But when I'm driving alone - its like a very bad opera!! :-({|=
candychick16
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:54 pm

Aspargas scares you :o - more detail please if it won't scare you to write about it
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby captainf » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:23 pm

candychick16 you sound pretty cool! Football is awesome :D I love your choice in team too (coming from another LFC fan)
YNWA ;)
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:30 am

candychick16 wrote:10. I have a fear of singing in public, and wont even hum a tune in the car if my boyfriend is there. But when I'm driving alone - its like a very bad opera!!

I don't think you are alone! hahaha
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:24 pm

My mum sings in the car when im in the car with her :roll: :lol: :-s
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:29 pm

my Mum sings all the time - sometimes you'll say something and she'll burst into song (this makes her sound like a nutter, lol, but it's just her messing around!) and insists she's better than me. The truth is we both sound awful, but she still likes to insist she's got the better voice.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat