cbeebies presenter "scaring kids"

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

cbeebies presenter "scaring kids"

Postby embop » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:26 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l-BBC.html

what do people think about this?
I think it's a bit ridicules. It took me about 3 weeks to notice that she only had 1 arm, I doubt kids notice. my kids ignore the parts with the presenters and only watch the programs. what are you're views?
Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.
embop
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: cbeebies presenter "scaring kids"

Postby rufio89 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:31 pm

that's shocking!

If anything it would be a GOOD thing if the kids noticed, it might open their eyes up a bit and hopefully avoid then being incredibly closed minded later in life.

Since when did having one arm prevent you from being a childrens TV presenter - a job which is essentially reading books, singing songs and looking happy.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:36 pm

I heard about it earler in the week and its stupid to be honest. I don't know if you have the same article I saw (I honestly haven't looked) but one guy was saying "it might give his 2 year old a nightmare".

They also had an interview with a disabled primary school teacher and she said the kids ask and then they just get on with it rather than not being allowed to ask and learn.

Then they wonder why we are seen as a racist nation (I know its not the same thing) but does it matter if someone has white skin, or brown skin, or tan skin or whatever skin? NO. Does it matter if the nice lady has one arm or two-NO. Does it matter that people are deaf, blind or physically disabled: NO. It's the stupid people who think it does that need shooting!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby embop » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:36 pm

rufio89 wrote:that's shocking!

If anything it would be a GOOD thing if the kids noticed, it might open their eyes up a bit and hopefully avoid then being incredibly closed minded later in life.

Since when did having one arm prevent you from being a childrens TV presenter - a job which is essentially reading books, singing songs and looking happy.

I think your spot on.
Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.
embop
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby snail » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:01 pm

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:Then they wonder why we are seen as a racist nation (I know its not the same thing) but does it matter if someone has white skin, or brown skin, or tan skin or whatever skin?

When my niece was little, my brother took her with him to the Chinese takeaway. The woman serving in there was probably the first Chinese person my niece had ever seen. She looked at the woman and asked "Why have you got a flat face?". :lol: That's what kids are like, they make the rest of us realise how silly and uptight we are.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LemonJuice87 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:19 pm

My Daughter hasnt even noticed.

I doubt very much it would even bother her, she doesnt even bother with the presenters, just watches the programmes.

It wouldnt be right if they sacked her, or were forced to sack her. She seems lovely. The one person it should bother, is herself. And she seems quite confident about it.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby kerrie24 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:06 pm

My daughter did notice it and it really wasnt an issue,of course she was curious but I just explained it to her.My gran only has one leg anyways so it doesnt faze her.Children of the age that watch cbeebies are far too young to know what is normal and whats not, unless someone tells them theres a problem with looking a certain way, i really dont think they care what people look like, as for being scary, its not as if she has 3 heads!I think it is a good idea for children to see all sorts of people after all if theyre brought up thinking the world is full of perfect people, they will be very disappointed when they grow up!hehehe
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Chit Chat