can anyone help with this please?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

can anyone help with this please?

Postby jemma2204 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:08 pm

Hi,

My name is Jemma and I am a psychology student at Glasgow Caledonian University. I’m looking for the help of girls aged between 14 and 18 who live in the U.K with a piece of work I am currently writing.

There are lots of stories in the news at the moment about adolescents taking part in dangerous and damaging behaviours such as self-harm, drinking alcohol etc. but there is little information on why this is the case and what can be done to help. Part of the problem is that there are no surveys into these types of behaviours that are suitable for use with adolescents.

I have put a questionnaire on-line that I think might be a useful tool when looking at problem behaviours in adolescents and I would like to know what you think of it. This would only take 5 mins to fill out and I won’t ask for you name or e-mail address. I would also like your opinion on whether you think it is useful and what you think of the internet as a way of taking part in projects like this.

If you fancy taking part and letting me know what you think please click on the link below. I really would appreciate your time and hearing any opinions you have.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=e ... EF9Q_3d_3d

Cheers

Jemma
jemma2204
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: can anyone help with this please?

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:38 am

Hi Jemma,

I was wondering would it be possible for you to e-mail a few schools near by and ask for anyone to take part as there'll be far more people in your age ranges! When I was at university we used to get questionnaires sent around, and I'm sure if you contacted schools explaining who you are are what you are doing they may be inclinded to help you.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Chit Chat