T-Mobile / Google Phone

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

T-Mobile / Google Phone

Postby m_m » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:38 am

My contract with O2 is coming to an end later this month and I was wondering if anyone had any bad / good experience with either T-Mobile or the Google phone as I have only ever been with Virgin and O2 so any information would be appreciated :D
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: T-Mobile / Google Phone

Postby embop » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:56 am

I'm not sure about the other networks but Iv been on a contract with o2 for 3 years. If you ring up and tell them you want to leave they will do pretty much anything to keep you, so you could use that to your advantage. I got a phone that had JUST come out and a contract that was priced at 35 for 25. or the 1st time I renewed I got a free phone, £75 credit on my account, and a £5 contract that was priced at £15. so It might be worth seeing what you can get free 1st.
Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.
embop
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:15 pm

I'm on T-mobile. I've been on them once before about 7-8 years ago then I switched to Virgin who seriously messed me around so I went to T-mobile. I've had no problems what so ever.

My only one complaint is when you e-mail about a problem it's an indian call centre and when I've had e-mails back they've told me wrong information. I haven't phoned them for help except for when I first got the phone and wanted to change my number over but it was an English guy who was really nice and helpful. Also when I got the wrong info in the e-mail I went into the shop and asked and they sorted me out and stuff (my phone was playing up) so they sent it away, when it came back it still wasn't right so the guy said he'd swap it for me. So overall no problems!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby m_m » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:31 pm

embop - They have offered me a free upgrade (without knowing I am thinking of leaving) but to be honest they haven't got any phones I like at the moment and although I may get a better deal I don't want to be stuck with a phone I don't like for 18 months if you see what I mean!

dipsy - It's good to get an opinion from someone who is actually with T-Mobile as you can only gather so much from having a look around on the internet. I'm still having a bit of a think but I am leaning towards getting a contract with them so thank you :)
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:43 pm

No problems. It's nice to hear an opinion from a "real" person rather than a website review sometimes.

I purely went with them because I had been with them before, they operate the same masts as Virgin - so I wouldn't loose any signal to what I had. The clincer for me was I got the phone I wanted for the best contract I could there.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Pigglet » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:37 pm

Hi,

I'm with T Mobile also and have never had any problems, Last time I got an upgrade it went faulty after a couple of weeks, I phoned them and had a new phone delivered within a matter of days which I though was pretty good!

I also like the tariffs that they do. Would defo recommend them! :D
Just remember, nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. :D x
Pigglet
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby m_m » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:42 pm

Thank you Pigglet :D
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Chit Chat