Noise Pollution?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Noise Pollution?

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:03 am

I’m wondering if anyone knows anything about noise pollution and how you go about stopping/reporting it? One of my friends said people have has ASBO’s for it.

Ok it may seem childish but it’s seriously p-ing me off. The problem is we live in a block of 5 houses, we are second from the end. Behind us (right angles) is another row of houses so our gardens back on to the side of our gardens and there are other streets around which will also be affected.

Anyway my neighbours (on the end) have one of those Westie dogs who barks CONSTANTLY – This morning he was barking at 7.30am – most mornings it’s 6am onwards. Now just because my stupid inconsiderate neighbours are up then doesn’t mean to say the whole of the 2 or 3 surrounding streets close to their house should also be woken up at 6am by CONSTANT barking; 8am onwards I think is reasonable. I also wouldn’t mind if he went out and barked and then shut up but no it’s constant for about 30mins at a time. Talking to them about it is not a possibility since they are actually horrible people – they have fallen out with everyone – they manipulate everyone and then are HORRIBLE to them – e.g. they fell out with us because we had a fence which was a little bit loose, they asked us if we would fix it (bearing in mind it was the middle of winter and we were replacing the fence in summer) – we temporarily fixed the fence since it was “harming” one of their plants – there were NO plants next to it. We then replaced the fence during the winter and then they stopped speaking to us and were generally really nasty (seemingly what they do with everyone else – they don’t regard us as neighbours either; they had a parcel for me once and they went to my other neighbour and said “we have a parcel for your neighbour” – when I was standing talking to the other neighbour).

The people on the other end of the 5 houses also have 2 westies which true to tradition also bark constantly – rather when the dog next door shuts up they take over. The people on the end with the 2 dogs won’t care since they have really loud parties in the garden most weekends in summer. Anyway their dogs bark from about 6.30-7am in the mornings too (again not a yap and shutting up – they barked for at least a constant hour the other morning).

I do object to be woken up at 6am on weekdays and weekends just because THEY are awake; because as I said before there are many more houses involved. I’m just fed up of them.

Do I have reasonable grounds to report them and how would I go about it? Needless to say westies are my least favourite dog!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: Noise Pollution?

Postby RagDoll » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:20 pm

If you're going to report it, I think it's the Council you need to get in touch with. Someone from the Environment Department I would imagine. If you look on your local authority's website you should be able to find a contact.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:23 pm

start keeping a diary and then show it to the environment dept at council who should then give you some recording equipment so you can get some evidence
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:23 am

Thanks.

My mam was off work yesterday and when the stupid dog wasn't outside barking yesterday he was inside barking - it's a wonder he doesn't have a sore throat
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Chit Chat