Oh my god... sad :(

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Oh my god... sad :(

Postby rufio89 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:39 am

Oh my god, me and my boyfriend are going to a wedding on the 11th April (one of his friends), and yesterday, the brides Mum died in a horseriding accident.

They're still getting married apparently, but oh my god, can you imagine what she must be going through?
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Oh my god... sad :(

Postby RagDoll » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:24 am

That is awful :(

I can imagine it's just about impossible to re-arrange the wedding at this point, but I can't imagine how you'd cope?! It would just be so emotional for a start, as you'd be wishing your Mum was there to see you get married.

Stuff like this makes me think how lucky I am as it makes my problems seem so minor!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby rufio89 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:46 am

I know. I'm terrified of losing my Mum, I just dont think I'd be able to get married if she'd died that close to the wedding. But it's such a lot of money isnt it? It'll be too late to get any of it back.

It's so sad, I feel so awful for her.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:58 am

Yeh, I don't think I'd be able to get married either, I'd be in floods of tears all day. Weddings are so expensive though so I can kinda see why she's going ahead with it.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby LemonJuice87 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:12 pm

I wont allow my Mum to go before me. I know thats selfish but i know for a fact that i would NOT be able to cope without her.
She's always been one step behind me in everything i do. She's has been my rock since i was born and i'm not even in the slighest prepared to lose her, ever.

I know that if i did lose her, i would be under the duvet for months. Only coming out for the loo and a cuppa.

I cant imagine what the Bride is going through, loseing your Mum, then her not been able to be at the most important day of your life. I can understand why she is still going ahead with it, it's probably what her Mum would want. Thats what she has to keep telling herself "Mum would want this"
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Chit Chat