Credit Crunch????

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Credit Crunch????

Postby RagDoll » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:05 pm

Yeh, I know what you mean. I have moved jobs and it's still the same. I find that it's not only boring (which is bad enough in itself) but it kinda saps my self esteem as it makes me feel useless - I'm not contributing a thing!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:22 am

RagDoll wrote: I'm not contributing a thing!

Ditto!

The problem with my work is we write reports we have a meeting with a guy in Aberdeen and we modify the reports and move on - the problem is the guy in Aberdeen is sooooooooooooo busy - we normally have one or two waiting for a meeting at a time - at the moment we have around 10 waiting for meetings - We can't progress until we've had the meetings and we are working on another 5 each (there is 2 of us) so we are going to be even more miles ahead!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby mattmxl » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:12 am

In many ways the credit crunch has helped me out a lot. I have a fairly secure job as the department is heavily understaffed and depended on quite a lot, am an IT Tech in a college. The drop in property prices allowed me to get onto the property ladder a couple of months ago and I now have my own place which I wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise. The mortgage I have on it is a tracker mortgage so the repayments are quite low at the moment, though that will change when the interest rate starts to go back up again. If anything really its helped me for the better not the worse.
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:02 pm

My job is secure too I just wish I had stuff to do regularly- it's been like this for 3 years!
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:51 pm

It's been like this for 2 and a bit years for me. It's utter rubbish isn't it?! Have you tried to look for another job Dipsy? I have, but I don't know what I actually want to do yet :(
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:55 pm

Me neither, my main job areas are Aberdeen but I for one don't want to move there, plus whilst my wages would probably increase the cost of living or renting is HUGE!

My dad keeps saying apply for a job where he works then they are taking bets when the factory will close down (my dad is in the factory) but he's said the offices should stay open - plus they've just closed a big office site down south somewhere and are moving them here....It's not a chance I'm willing to take really. Every year they always say "It'll close this year" - they've said it for as long as I can remember.

What do you do at the minute Ragdoll?

The office staff often ask my dad what I do - the office staff and the factory staff are enemies - except my dad will talk to anyone so they all get to know him...he tells them what I'm doing and my degrees and they all say I must be gold dust........Whilst I'm sure I could get a job elsewhere it's the security that's keeping me here.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:04 am

I work in planning. I have just seen a job I'm going to apply to, so I will be working on my application today whilst I'm at work, haha. Sneaky I know, but it's their own fault - I wouldn't be looking for other jobs if they would just give me some work to do!

That's fair enough re: the security... that is even more important recently considering the economy!
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Previous

Return to Chit Chat