Skinny

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Skinny

Postby rufio89 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:28 pm

rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Skinny

Postby kerrie24 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:57 pm

Those poor women.Thats all I can say.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:04 am

I can't view the site :(
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby ILoveChristmas » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:41 am

Only worked for me in Firefox.

That's disgusting. Who in their right mind would consider that attractive. It's not even feminine.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dem » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Makes me :sick: looking at them pics! They must be starving!
dem
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby peecee » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:58 pm

I can't view it either...but it's obvious that PPers are best..! :P
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LemonJuice87 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:11 pm

Just showed that to Mr. LemonJuice. He was not impressed.

That isnt right. Its not normal to look like that.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:39 pm

How the hell are they even allowed to be models?! It's completely irresponsible! Jeez! I can't stop using exclamation marks!
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Jess1234 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:00 pm

I can't view the site either
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Jo » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:21 am

Jess1234 wrote:I can't view the site either

What happens when you try to view it?
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:13 pm

I get a pop up error message "Windows (something) cannot open SITE NAME"
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:33 pm

It is a shame that people feel they need to abuse their bodies in such a way.. but then having said that some people make the same comments you guys have made here but about fat people instead and its not nice and doesnt help.

I don't necessarily think saying things like 'omg they shouldnt be a model' or 'omg that isnt normal' are really a nice comments whether they look anorexic or weigh 30 stone. I must say, I have had problems putting on weight for a few years, granted I am nowhere near as thin as they are, but I must addmit it does kinda make me feel inadequate when I hear women say things like 'I dont really like slim men' Basically saying that no matter how nice one maybe they will be judged on their physical attributes rather than their personal qualities. How many posts do we see on here with people saying 'I'm fat and ugly' Well sometimes the slim people are made to feel exactly the same.

Models are made to jump through hoops to get their photoshoots and all the modelling companies are worried about is success and if that means telling their models to look/become anorexic they do that. Its a sad situation because these poor girls and boys then follow it through.. but it just goes to show how badly they want the job. Some people cant believe I have to fork out £70,000 to become a pilot. There was a time when us trainees wouldnt have to do that, but now the airlines have us jumping through hoops just like the modelling business has these girls doing what they want them to. Plenty of occupations have people jumping through hoops nowadays, its just a shame that these girls have to risk their health for success. They need help and support to become better again and not made to feel repulsive.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:36 pm

I think extremes of weight should be avoided. Too skinny, too fat. Some people are naturally skinny just as some people are naturally heavy, but so long as you stay within the healthy limits, then it's ok. but these girls are NOT healthy.

It's sad they feel the need to do this to themselves, they look like concentration camp victims.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:41 pm

I can see what you're saying there Captain_Flynn... I moan that I'm too fat to my boyfriend but equally he could moan that he's too thin. That's the same for my Dad. Both of them are naturally thin people. I remember my Mum telling me that my Auntie had commented how skinny my Dad was when she last saw him. She's over-weight, and I think people sometimes forget that thin people can feel equally as insecure about being skinny as over-weight people feel about being large.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:51 pm

Yea I had some drunk guy telling me I "should eat more pies love"

Being skin and bone is not attractive and shouldn't be glamourised. Being skin and bones because of an illness is different to being skin and bones out of choice.

My dad for years was telling me I should put on weight (5'10 and around 10-10.5 stone - size 10), now I weigh around 11-11.5 stone and take a size 12 - my dad is now calling me a fatty - I know he doesn't mean it but it's still annoying.

captain_flynn wrote:it does kinda make me feel inadequate when I hear women say things like 'I dont really like slim men' Basically saying that no matter how nice one maybe they will be judged on their physical attributes rather than their personal qualities

Men say it too. However just because someone says I don't like slim men doesn't mean that if a slim man came down the street a vision of Mr. Perfect then they wouldn't change their mind. I don't like short men - my bf is short, shorter than me...I still don't like short men however I like him. I didn't dismiss him because he was short. It's the same as saying "I only like blondes" it doesn't mean to say if a great readhead came along, you'd look at them and say no!Admittedly some men and women would but these are the minority and idiots generally. I had an ex bf who wasn't happy dating me because I was too tall for him (he was 6'2) - it's the same principle!!!!
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Next

Return to Chit Chat